Why are there more Canon stuff on sale in Buy/Sell than Nikon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh for crying out loud, stop it!!! stop arguing!!! My Yashica T4 is the best!!! cheap good and got Carl Zeiss lens some more!!! no need to fight, everyone go out and get a T4! :bsmilie: :D

Originally posted by StreetShooter
Well, they would sell them if they could. Canon has better resale value, hence more people bother trying to sell their Canon stuff.

Canon has less resale value. After all, if supply outstrips demand, the price will drop. As quite a few Canonites have said, they upgrade and sell of the old products, thus lots of supply. Eg, take a look at the price of a D60 right now! :D

Canon has less resale value, Nikon has no resale value, so its better to keep a Nikon. :p

Didn't occur to me as I own Nikon. Not important if Canon has more or less buy/sell than Nikon.

My friend works in Canon & tells me to stick to Nikon.

Reason being, Canon quality in their products varies too much. Also, the amount of Canon products brought in 4 repair is more than Nikon.
She worked in Nikon b4 too. ;)

The other reason mentioned was, certain Canon lenses, 3rd party & originals alike has compatibility issues.
Mainly, lets say u own a lens during the EOS88 or EOS50 period & intend to swap to a EOS D60, some of the lenses dat u used to own with the EOS88 or EOS55 era may not "communicate" or work well with the EOS D60.
My friend working in Canon confirmed this fact.

So this explains the many Canon sales & upgrades.

On the other hand, Nikon lenses built all the way back to the 90's, as long as D lens, can work even with a D100.
Also, a Nikon is built to last. Seldom does it breakdown.

Nikon goers generally has to know more technical know how as compared to Canon users.
Reason being, Canon has more auto features like eye control & such. Most ppl can juz use these auto functions, snap & get good pictures.
Whilst Nikon users will need to know the technical skill behind it to achieve dat.

Wat I mentioned is subjective. Coz its up to the individual.
Whether u wanna snap good pictures in auto mode & dats it? Or u wanna snap great pictures with the technical know how. U prolly will get more satisfaction if u get good pictures using ur brain rather than the camera's brain.

I generally noticed dat my Nikon user friends has more technical know how as compared to Canon users.
But dats in my circle. It does not apply accross the board.

Therefore, in conclusion, I think I save more $ as a Nikon user, & learn more technicalities as a Nikon user. :D

perhaps you could share with us your knowledge, something that canon user would not know.

Everyone seems to defend his choice. Actually after some period, it's own the habit to decide the brand affection. Give me a Nikon I also can shoot. But I dun like Nikon feel :devil:

tom has a good point, preference is the ultimate choice. if you can't take a good picture with nikon, you wouldn't with canon, vice versa. no point mentioning my friend say this or that is good. same here, i can shoot with nikon (was a nikon user before), but just dun like it because its just not good enough? not really.

My post was juz to share wat my friend working in Canon shared. Nothing more.

As 4 the rest of the comments, its based on the ppl I noe so far.
I dun mean to offend Canon users.
Just my opinion as this is a forum where ppl air their views.

It still boils down the the individual's decision.
Who knows, I may switch to Canon too in the future. Technology is always advancing.
One brand can never remain at the top or be "the Brand" 4ever.

If I offended u guys, I'm sorry. :embrass:

no point having the best equipment in the world but your photographs are flat and lack creativity. You can have the cheapest camera around yet produce beautiful pics. Be sure to check out the person behind the equipment. :cool:

Originally posted by swimcraze
no point having the best equipment in the world but your photographs are flat and lack creativity. You can have the cheapest camera around yet produce beautiful pics. Be sure to check out the person behind the equipment. :cool:
I couldn't agree less. :thumbsup: ;)

Equipments with great specs will help to certain extent.
But ultimately, its the person using the camera dat makes the picture great.

Originally posted by StreetShooter
Donno about you guys, but all I'm seeing on Buy/Sell is Nikon stuff.

When I started this thread there seemed like there were more Canon stuff as I had been keeping a look out for Nikon stuff for a few days/weeks in a row.

Where did all the Nikon stuff suddenly appear from?!? Grrr... :D

As a Nikon user, my theory is Nikon tend not to push out new products unless they are a significant improvement over existing products/models. Also, even slightly dated equipment still can be used with newer equipments. An example perhaps is Nikon Speedlites...just my 2 cents worth...

Originally posted by swimcraze

Agree, no point constantly upgrading and rely so much on the electronics and who knows one day we may even forgot how to take pics :)

I wonder with so much electronic built into a camera to help us to take pics, whats the skill and camera ratio going to be like now. I too am relying too much on the camera to give me good pics, not a good thing but become a habit now.

Originally posted by jeff chen
As a Nikon user, my theory is Nikon tend not to push out new products unless they are a significant improvement over existing products/models. Also, even slightly dated equipment still can be used with newer equipments. An example perhaps is Nikon Speedlites...just my 2 cents worth...

Well, the Nikon users, seeing your plea for having more Nikon for sale, have decided to just do that. So you better buy. :devil: :D

Regards
CK

Originally posted by elutris
When I started this thread there seemed like there were more Canon stuff as I had been keeping a look out for Nikon stuff for a few days/weeks in a row.

Where did all the Nikon stuff suddenly appear from?!? Grrr... :D

Nikonians suddenly realise the folly of their ways?? :devil:

....<Java_Guru quickly runs away first>

Both Nikon and Canon co-exist. We should stop looking at a narrow perspective but look at what the the pros from all over the world are using. Just like BMW co-exists with Mercedes. Both are different but are great performers! :rbounce:

Status
Not open for further replies.