why are people so hung up on bokeh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So that it compensates my lousy skill....when I show people my picture .....people will say "wow...nice bokeh" instead of "wow....nice picture" :lovegrin:

i make you one heart bokeh lens, only can shoot heart bokeh..

then you will understand hee hee hee

i saw before that site liao la, know how to make.. lol.

hw do you test the shape of a bokeh say when u're buying a new lens?

Shoot something with out of focused specular highlights.

3260704514_4cfcaf741a.jpg

But would you consider that as a factor of ur lens purchase ?

Ryan

Shoot something with out of focused specular highlights.

But would you consider that as a factor of ur lens purchase ?

Ryan

not surprised that some will do that, looking at the number of reviews that actually pinpoint the shape of bokeh.. :confused:

not surprised that some will do that, looking at the number of reviews that actually pinpoint the shape of bokeh.. :confused:

The only time I get to know the shape of the oof specular highlights is when i already bought and use the lens after that
:(

Ryan

oh well, does it still matter to you now? ;)

oh well, does it still matter to you now? ;)

Does it matter when I decide on lenses to buy? Most likely not.

Does it make the picture more asethetically pleasing? To me, yes.

For me, bokeh is a measure of how good you can control the DOF you would like to achieve, and also to bring out the subject from the foreground/background.

And when bokeh comes in as a measure, people tend to start comparing the "creaminess" of the bokeh... And that's where "people are so hung up on bokeh".

If I wouldn't care for bokeh, then a simple PnS will cover most of the jobs (despite the IQ) :bsmilie:

Because too many people have tunnel vision and focus too much on one small minor part which has been overhyped in the first place.

So that it compensates my lousy skill....when I show people my picture .....people will say "wow...nice bokeh" instead of "wow....nice picture" :lovegrin:

Sadly this resonates with a lot more truth than it should. Meaning when the photo on display is ordinary and nothing special people will say "nice bokeh"...

...it does seem to be a very sought after "goal" here on CS, almost like it's some "holy grail" of the local photography scene?

Sadly this resonates with a lot more truth than it should. Meaning when the photo on display is ordinary and nothing special people will say "nice bokeh"...

...it does seem to be a very sought after "goal" here on CS, almost like it's some "holy grail" of the local photography scene?

in general, a lot of the photographer population (usually male, sadly) tend to pursue a lot of funny things, like

1) fast ultrawide lens
2) absolute corner to corner sharpness, even when wide open, which is weird, especially for landscape lenses
3) high iso capabilities, when they do not usually shoot that much in the dark
4) image quality comparisons, even when they know nothing about photography basics, in the end the camera shoot on auto, use iso 6400 and f/2.8 for night scene, they complain WHY SO GRAINY

bokeh is just one more thing to pursue.. i say, nothing wrong with that, but when you end up pursuing more demands for gear rather than taking photographs with the gear.. then something is basically wrong with your concept of photography..

maybe should rename yourself as "camera collector", instead of "photographer".. then can start a forum called "clubdrycabinet" instead of "clubsnap"

I think men in general often pursue a lot of funny things ;)

I dun pursue funny things leh:embrass:

All i ask for is a nice picture at the end of the day:)

And will never be contented!;p

And, I very easily contented one....

Juz give me 1DsMKIII, the full range of L lens and lifetime free servicing then I contented for life liao:)

Very simple right:thumbsup:

bokeh is just one more thing to pursue.. i say, nothing wrong with that, but when you end up pursuing more demands for gear rather than taking photographs with the gear.. then something is basically wrong with your concept of photography..

maybe should rename yourself as "camera collector", instead of "photographer".. then can start a forum called "clubdrycabinet" instead of "clubsnap"

If you dun shoot much, surely u need to be nit picky at something else photographically related ma ..

Status
Not open for further replies.