Why are people camera shy?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

forward

May 27, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
Some people just don't like a camera pointing at them, what are the possible reasons? On the other hand there are many people who loves being photographed and will ask you "Take my photo" when they see you with an big cam like the dSLR?

Nothing, me just don't like being shot.

of course there will be varied responses.

each individual has different tastes.

I like to be photographed by others. Though I am not handsome.

At one time, I saw a guy carrying a long white lens at City Hall, near the exit to the star bucks. He aimed at my direction, I very think skin and waved at him :embrass: Maybe he is focusing on the person behind me. ha ha.

espn said:
Nothing, me just don't like being shot.

It is strange to find that photographers keep on pointing their cameras photographing their subjects to get the best shot, but totally and selfishly turned to the negative when another person point a camera at them.

This is the funny side of certain type of human behavior where human resource management or higher management is looking into when evaluating a person's character. :think:

forward said:
It is strange to find that photographers keep on pointing their cameras photographing their subjects to get the best shot, but totally and selfishly turned to the negative when another person point a camera at them.

This is the funny side of certain type of human behavior where human resource management or higher management is looking into when evaluating a person's character. :think:

I welcome photog to shoot at me. :embrass:

If anyone doing street photography happen to see me, dun worry just shoot and post here for comments. As long as don't comment I am ugly :embrass:

forward said:

I have had photos taken, like during the Canon Photomarathon last year, we had a group shot for a bunch of us close knit hobbyists, but certain other times just don't like the shots taken.

Paul_Yeo said:
I welcome photog to shoot at me. :embrass:

If anyone doing street photography happen to see me, dun worry just shoot and post here for comments. As long as don't comment I am ugly :embrass:

Do not be afraid what others say about your looks, take it with a grain of salt so long as you are proud of who you are and that you are a positive type of person. Ugly or pretty is God's will but those with a handsome or pretty face has certain advantage. You will never know they also have many other problems that you will never have a chance to encounter.

Always think what will happen if you suddenly want to become a public figure and then you think you have to hold up your hand to hide your face whenever photojournalists are going about doing their job. :bsmilie:

Well, if teh fella's doing street photography, I wun wanna spoil the pictures for him so when I notice a street photographer frm the corner of my eyes, I'll ignore him and get on with my business.

If its a vouyer or stalker on-hand (not dat I'm so yandao to get stalked), chances are, I'll turn my head the other way pretending to look at other things (provided there are enuff stuff around to catch my attention) instead of the particular direction.

I wun purposely use my hands to cover my face or do a very big motion of turning my head away.

i certainly like people to take my photos.. hHeehehe :)

behyx said:
i certainly like people to take my photos.. hHeehehe :)

That is great! For in turn you give them your biggest smile or wave at those who are pointing their lens toward your direction. Adopt an unique charisma that will bring you prosperity in all your photographic endeavour.

-----------------------------
:heart:
The beliefs we adopt as children usually don't hold when we view them objectively as adults. Can you let them go? Can you begin to see yourself as a unique expression of life, a genuine gift to the world?

"At the heart of personality is the need to feel a sense of being lovable without having to qualify for that acceptance."

-- Dr. Paul Tournier

they think they're stars.. (think: papparazzi)

for some, they know the capability of the lens & camera to resolve details, thus they shun away.
dun want their flaws to be clearly captured in detail.

don't like to be photographed because i'm ugly.

I will stand there to let ppl take. LOL. Happen to me once when an foreigner was opp of the road taking the pic. Aint sure is it me or building he was taking hence I didnt move until green light. Somemore I face toward the camera of his. LOL...

HAHAHAHA. i accidentally appeared on national television over a live telecast and it was a real closeup shot =(. and i only realised the camera was aiming my way. it was at singapore CPL held at padang quite recently with all the professional cs teams flying in. and i hate being shot!

ptwong said:
don't like to be photographed because i'm ugly.

Sure you are telling the truth? Or, you are just not able
to accept and love yourself. I have photographed hundreds of
so call "ugly" person, but each and everyone is so unique to
me in one way or another. Why not allow me to do the same
to you. :bsmilie:

i giv ppl sore-eyez! :bsmilie:

forward said:
Some people just don't like a camera pointing at them, what are the possible reasons? On the other hand there are many people who loves being photographed and will ask you "Take my photo" when they see you with an big cam like the dSLR?

I am vain and I don't like being shot at...pay me...maybe I might heheheheh.....

becos i looked like pong bah bao in pics lor :bsmilie:
always siam far far when ppl aim me ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.