Why are film camera called traditional cam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Simple answer:

Coz in the good old days, people use film to shoot. They don't have the luxury of digital cameras. So that's a tradition. So film camera = traditional camera.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang
Hi,

Simple answer:

Coz in the good old days, people use film to shoot. They don't have the luxury of digital cameras. So that's a tradition. So film camera = traditional camera.

Regards
CK

Good answer. I can't find of a good reply for that, my English really poor :(

well,simply becos digital has been around for less than 10 years while film photography has been around for more than a 100 years old!

Originally posted by excentrique
well,simply becos digital has been around for less than 10 years while film photography has been around for more than a 100 years old!

100 or 200 odd years huh?

Someone told me film has been around for 200 odd years.

Originally posted by revenant
depends on how you define "film"... ;)

in the old days, they used to use metal plates as the base 'negative'...

Originally posted by revenant

100 or 200 odd years huh?

Just an estimation lah.. about 100odd ++ years. Yep before the birth of gelatin film based there are several different ways which people use to capture images. There, van dyke, tintype plate, gum bichromate, platinum, blueprints etc... If not mistaken silver was first used in glassplates. The first kind of negative. Film (which means the gelatine- based we use today) was only introduced much later.

Originally posted by excentrique

Just an estimation lah.. about 100odd ++ years. Yep before the birth of gelatin film based there are several different ways which people use to capture images. There, van dyke, tintype plate, gum bichromate, platinum, blueprints etc... If not mistaken silver was first used in glassplates. The first kind of negative. Film (which means the gelatine- based we use today) was only introduced much later.

wow, so many of them.

thanx for the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.