why are diffuser so expensive??? is there any cheap shops???

Status
Not open for further replies.

compro_1975

Apr 24, 2005
i went to CP just now. to a shock of my life, the cost of a diffuser is $60, that is nearly the cost of my flash... and cheaper option???

i went to CP just now. to a shock of my life, the cost of a diffuser is $60, that is nearly the cost of my flash... and cheaper option???

is it the stofen cup the one you're talking about? the price tag is $60 but its actually $30...

is it the stofen cup the one you're talking about? the price tag is $60 but its actually $30...
i guess so. my layman term for it is the flash's condom. cos my pix are usually overexposed due to the flash. why the price is diff by half??? and stofen cup not = to diffuser?

i guess so. my layman term for it is the flash's condom. cos my pix are usually overexposed due to the flash. why the price is diff by half??? and stofen cup not = to diffuser?

the stofen can get for $20 at CP.

the price is juz for those foreigners......

the stofen can get for $20 at CP.

the price is juz for those foreigners......
wow, suddenly so many prices... you all are really my shi fu man, noe so much... so how to communicate with them to hav good bargain?

I use rubberband and tissue paper. No joke. See my onion shots in still life gallery for effects. ;)

i think there are plenty of ways to make your own diffusers.... i got the stofen, a better bouce card foamy bounce card, the plastic pvc bounce card, my custom made noodle cup 'lightsphere' which works quite well... and other stuff :bsmilie:

i think there are plenty of ways to make your own diffusers.... i got the stofen, a better bouce card foamy bounce card, the plastic pvc bounce card, my custom made noodle cup 'lightsphere' which works quite well... and other stuff :bsmilie:

Agreed!!! It's a fun way to be creative and think "out of the stofen box", so to speak! :bsmilie: Should start a whole thread on this idea - How to create your own cheap diffusers. :thumbsup:

You could also try boucing your flash off a surface like a wall or ceiling of available. Turning down the flash level using Flash exposure compensation (FEC) may also help you.

Ya. I saw it at CP 60 bucks! After I got my speedlite at AP few months back the shop uncle told me they selling diffuser at 15 bucks! I think there must be sometime behind both piece of plastic, maybe the expensive one is better ba... :dunno:

Ya. I saw it at CP 60 bucks! After I got my speedlite at AP few months back the shop uncle told me they selling diffuser at 15 bucks! I think there must be sometime behind both piece of plastic, maybe the expensive one is better ba... :dunno:
CP retail it @ $30 only... their price tag are normally much higher than their actual selling price.

ya... dun look at price tag in CP.... ask for a price...

you will be surprised tat it is always 50% "discount" ha ha :)

I also got my stofen for $30. How come some guys can get for $15 and $20? :think:

there is another type....the dome type....works better than the stofen one....onie thing is it's bulky..... cost 90 bucks.

dun think stofen can get $20, unless :think:

anyway photography equipments are expensive

haha....maybe he have stick one leg out?:dunno: :bigeyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.