why all my canon software cant auto run?

Status
Not open for further replies.

denniskee

Oct 26, 2003
bukit batok
Visit site
hi guys,

i know nuts about computer stuff, so got a friend to come look. also cant solve the problem.

when i put in other softwares, eg games, downloaded freewares like "live stone views", i have no problem installing them.

but when i put in the disc from my 40d, my friends 50d, downloaded dpp 3.5.2 and 3.6 from canon site, all cant install. it doesnt auto-run, when i click the .exe file, it starts extracting, after that it ends there.

i have norton 360, so not virus.

pls advice, but pls use layman explaination can?:embrass:

thanks.

Last edited:
You can try downloading revo uninstaller and use it to do a 'clean' uninstall then re-installing it all again.

You can try downloading revo uninstaller and use it to do a 'clean' uninstall then re-installing it all again.

but i cant installed in the 1st place, so i cant uninstall it.

previously, i had installed the canon utilities disc from 40d, no problem. than when i down-loaded the 3.6 from canon site, it only extract than stop there. so i thought have to uninstall the older version and uninstalled the dpp 3.something (the one that comes with 40d) as well as the other utilities.

i was having problem with uninstalling the canon utilities and zoom browser, so downlaoded CCleaner also cant uninstall, in the end, use CCleaner to delete instead.

now cant even reinstall the 40d disc, it doesnt auto-run when i put in the disc, click the .exe file also cannot.
same for the dpp 3.6 & 3.5.2 that were down-loaded from canon site, it only extract than stop there.

but i dont have problem installing other software, like the Revo-uninstaller and the CCleaner.

Last edited:
Cannot Install Canon...

clean up your temp folder and try again... probably will help.

clear liao. also cannot.:cry:

btw, u guys confirm downloaded a complete file over the website rite... not those links, or 15kb or 20kb kinda broken files.

the down-loaded .exe file is 60+mb, should be the complete one.

Maybe can try switcch off spyware, antivirus, etc before installing?

sometimes, the driver can support up to sp2 or sp1. so, if there is an option to back track, it may help. Currently, the focus is on vista, and so xp is not critical to them any more.

Mr Phoa is a good and helpful man. He can help you fix the bug in no time.:sweat: just make sure he dont invoice you.:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.