whose using tokina 100mm?


Status
Not open for further replies.

simon80

Deregistered
Oct 8, 2004
1,469
0
0
can share some insects pictures?
tks
 

joey91

New Member
Jan 1, 2006
830
0
0
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
scandisk said:
dragonfly head shot, with camera built-in flash, 100% crop from original pic

thanks for share ur pic... ur pic is great, also the len...:thumbsup:
 

simon80

Deregistered
Oct 8, 2004
1,469
0
0
tks so much ..

is $400 less compare to 105mm
maybe i should buy it

do post more pics .. so i can cfm my purcharse :bsmilie: :cool:
 

jamestyemk

Member
Aug 9, 2004
392
1
18
60
Yew Tee
I have the older AT-X 1:2 version which I'm still using after more than 10 years! Some shots can be seen in the Macro@AH series in my thread (just need to ignore my lack of practice on macrophotography):
http://gallery.clubsnap.com/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/12566

As a portrait lens, its sharpness is incredible. Only 'complain' is the slower focusing speed compared to Canon USM lenses.

I'm sure the new digital 1:1 version is much much better.
 

zaxh81

Senior Member
Jan 29, 2003
4,338
0
36
Earth
Michael Ang said:
hi,

wah.. damn nice... i have the same len...
am having major problem trying to figure out how to get this kind of magnification!

how on earth did you get that close?
The dragonfly shot is cropped.
 

eawtan

Senior Member
Feb 4, 2004
1,370
0
36
Tampines
Michael Ang said:
hi,

wah.. damn nice... i have the same len...
am having major problem trying to figure out how to get this kind of magnification!

how on earth did you get that close?

Hope there is some useful info here
 

simon80

Deregistered
Oct 8, 2004
1,469
0
0
tks guy
i think i still considering again btween this and nikon :bsmilie:
 

tltan

Senior Member
Apr 18, 2005
2,484
0
36
www.flickr.com
Hi Simon80,

how about Tamron 90mm?

about same price range as Tokina as well

Regards,
tltan
 

scandisk

Senior Member
Feb 12, 2005
4,623
0
36
Tampines, Singapore
www.facebook.com
Michael Ang said:
hi,

wah.. damn nice... i have the same len...
am having major problem trying to figure out how to get this kind of magnification!

how on earth did you get that close?
the lens was abt 20-30 cm away from the dragonfly when I took the shot....
 

sumball

Senior Member
Jul 8, 2003
4,333
0
36
With the same price tag, I will go for Tamron 90mm.
 

tltan

Senior Member
Apr 18, 2005
2,484
0
36
www.flickr.com
anyway, I just realise that both the Tokina and Tamron lens looks rather Similar. Think they have the same mechanism in terms of switching from manual to auto focus mode. Also, overall look is similar. hmmz. Same company making them?

Anyway, Tamron is surprisingly made in Japan. Also, the feel is pretty good and smooth for the focusing ring.

Good luck,
tltan
 

zaxh81

Senior Member
Jan 29, 2003
4,338
0
36
Earth
tltan said:
anyway, I just realise that both the Tokina and Tamron lens looks rather Similar. Think they have the same mechanism in terms of switching from manual to auto focus mode. Also, overall look is similar. hmmz. Same company making them?

Anyway, Tamron is surprisingly made in Japan. Also, the feel is pretty good and smooth for the focusing ring.

Good luck,
tltan
The tamron is quite light also.:)
 

tltan

Senior Member
Apr 18, 2005
2,484
0
36
www.flickr.com
zaxh81 said:
The tamron is quite light also.:)
Take a look at this website I found off dpreview.

They look so identical
Even the font on the distance window and the focusing ring......also, one more ring just after the mount for the tokina.

The picture quality looks identical and price same range. hmmzzzz..

Regards,
tltan
 

yanyewkay

Senior Member
Sep 22, 2004
3,924
0
0
Cons digger.
tltan said:
Take a look at this website I found off dpreview.

They look so identical
Even the font on the distance window and the focusing ring......also, one more ring just after the mount for the tokina.

The picture quality looks identical and price same range. hmmzzzz..

Regards,
tltan
i think.. they might be from the same OEM factory..
 

jeryltan

Senior Member
Jan 5, 2006
3,354
0
0
46
s5.photobucket.com
Here's a sample.. Using the TOkina 100mm Macro with no post processing other than resizing..

 

Status
Not open for further replies.