who's still getting the D300s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh? since when the D7000 became better than the D300s:think: Has Nikon gone bongus by doing that?:kok:

that's the big question in my mind as well bro... why would nikon produce a cam that they would declare as an "in between" the D90 and D300s when the specs are on par or should i say a step up from the D300s, then price it lower? :what:

there must be something behind this... :think:

waiting... waiting...

No matter how D300s is still regarded as King of DX, period. D7000 may assume the Queen position anytime. The only notably worthy so called better specs for the D7k would be the wider ISO range of 100 to 6400 (I'll forget about the boost ISO to 25,600), the newer 2016-pixel RGB sensor for white balance, Nikon Multi-CAM 4800DX autofocus module and the higher 16.2mp resolution but this may not be a good thing as sensor size is smaller hence density up up = more noise?

On the other hand, the D300s still has 51 focus points (15 cross-type sensors), 2-9 exposure for AEB, more advance Exposure Metering System, more pro-looking exposure dial:bsmilie:, a Sync Terminal, CF/SD memory cards slots and a remote control using a 10-pin Remote Cord or Wireless Remote Control WT-4 NOT like the D7k still using a toy gadget ML-L3 and not forgeting 7fps speed speed speed :devil:

Last edited:
No matter how D300s is still regarded as King of DX, period. D7000 may assume the Queen position anytime. The only notably worthy so called better specs for the D7k would be the wider ISO range of 100 to 6400 (I'll forget about the boost ISO to 25,600), the newer 2016-pixel RGB sensor for white balance, Nikon Multi-CAM 4800DX autofocus module and the higher 16.2mp resolution but this may not be a good thing as sensor size is smaller hence density up up = more noise?

On the other hand, the D300s still has 51 focus points (15 cross-type sensors), 2-9 exposure for AEB, more advance Exposure Metering System, more pro-looking exposure dial:bsmilie:, a Sync Terminal, CF/SD memory cards slots and a remote control using a 10-pin Remote Cord or Wireless Remote Control WT-4 NOT like the D7k still using a toy gadget ML-L3 and not forgeting 7fps speed speed speed :devil:

Good write-up for D300s owners!

We are surely bounded by many choices. I'll go technical if D7000 future owners can spare time viewing the construction of a DSLR. A picture tell a thousands words.

D300s
d300s_mgbody_1.jpg

D300s 'look': http://press.nikonusa.com/photogallery/?gid=135

D7000
The magnesium alloy body looks like a skeleton. The front portion is mostly plastic structure. You get that because you save money & weight too.

d7000_mgbody_1.jpg

D7000 'look': http://press.nikonusa.com/photogallery/?gid=137

Good write-up for D300s owners!

We are surely bounded by many choices. I'll go technical if D7000 future owners can spare time viewing the construction of a DSLR. A picture tell a thousands words.

D300s
d300s_mgbody_1.jpg

D300s 'look': http://press.nikonusa.com/photogallery/?gid=135

D7000
The magnesium alloy body looks like a skeleton. The front portion is mostly plastic structure. You get that because you save money & weight too.

d7000_mgbody_1.jpg

D7000 'look': http://press.nikonusa.com/photogallery/?gid=137

nice one bro, i think the built of the D300s is for a rough user like me...:bsmilie:

nice one bro, i think the built of the D300s is for a rough user like me...:bsmilie:

D3s is more suitable for you :devil: seriously...

that one truly fully magnesium alloy body! :heart:

D3 body
d3_mgbody_2_crop.jpg

Last edited:
HA?!?:bigeyes: what's the promo bro? last time i asked around hill st. body only price for D300s is sgd1850...

hi wurdelak, what's the shop in hill street that offered you the price of $1850?

1.6k is an optimistic price estimate. do they bundle with 18-105VR?

you can check out the price guide, i got mine around there. :sweatsm:

D3oos having a promo, did you know?

hi wmayeo, may i ask what promotion is the D300s having now and which are the shops that offer it?

D300s promo is on for Oct 2010........Free brace bag, AF 50mm F/1.8
:D

and lastly hello o3tt30, do you have any more details on the october promotion for the d300s?

forgive me for asking so many questions guys, just doing some homework before i make the purchase. thanks for the help! would appreciate if anyone could provide any information on this. i scouted around and the lowest price i got for the D300s is $2100 +/- at the shops in funan.

The electronic epuipments price keep on dropping.I think if Nikon still makes new model that the price depend on old model,It will very fast chase up by the competitors.If one day,Korea can make good DSLR,Nikon will gone.

more competitors producing good DSLR will be good for us . . . :)

I am kind of curious, how high ISO is enough???

what do you really need? ISO 1000000?

I personally need ISO 6400

U dont know what you need until you have it.. :)

The shop at Hill Street selling D300s at $1850???
It's good then we can see more price drops in the B&S Section and the 2nd hand market.
It's great time to enter D300s market now.

It's good then we can see more price drops in the B&S Section and the 2nd hand market.

Hi Kent, do you by any chance know what shop is it at hill street the previous post was mentioning about?

I have no idea. But there are many small shops and 2nd hand shops around that area. Funan is also just next to Hill Street too.

Hi Kent, do you by any chance know what shop is it at hill street the previous post was mentioning about?

In my opinion, Nikon came out with the D7000 is to entice more users over to Nikon.
Giving them like a full range of cameras,
To start off-D3100
A little better-D5000
Mid range-D90
Looking more more punch-D7000
Looking for king of DX-D300s

Of cos FX will be
D700
D3s/x

I'll be spoilt for choices if i had all the money in the world :devil: haha
Looks like Nikon got the DX range fully covered ;)

I have no idea. But there are many small shops and 2nd hand shops around that area. Funan is also just next to Hill Street too.

oh? small shops around hill street area? i haven't come across any during my hunt for the D300s yet. tried doing a search for camera shops in hill street area and all it came up was all the photo shops at funan. do you mean the small shops at peninsula area?

sorry if i'm diverting away from the topic here.

forgive me for asking so many questions guys, just doing some homework before i make the purchase. thanks for the help! would appreciate if anyone could provide any information on this. i scouted around and the lowest price i got for the D300s is $2100 +/- at the shops in funan.

$2100 down 400 just YOG time ... Good buy

New set ?
wow, very tempting now . . .

I think need to wait until D7000 arrives in Singapore first to see the price impact on D300 and D300s.

hi wurdelak, what's the shop in hill street that offered you the price of $1850?

hi wmayeo, may i ask what promotion is the D300s having now and which are the shops that offer it?

and lastly hello o3tt30, do you have any more details on the october promotion for the d300s?

You can check last Friday Straits Times.
Free 2x8GB SD, Nikon Brace Bag and Nikkor AF 50mm F/1.8D.

Status
Not open for further replies.