Who's on what?? BB or Cable??

What Connection are you Using?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by siron

Didn't you read the Straights Times?
I'll try to find online got that news now...

Are you refering to PLC? 4.5mbps to 45mbps.

hmm.... prove me wrong.

Originally posted by revenant

huh? Ethernet technology? Elaborate "Ethernet Technology"? :what:

200 times faster than 512kbps? :eek:
Siao bo, that's OC-* liao. Impossible lah.

Yeah! Ethernet Technology? Ethernet has been around for ages man. Long before the Internet became so popular.

But Ethernet can go up to 100Mbps, so that is 200 times faster than 512Kbps. Of course, we all know that we can't really get 100Mbps on a 100BaseT network.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by siron

But Pongol, few of the new blocks very luck. As they will be introducing ethenet techology (juz like magix) garantee abt 200 times faster then Singnet 512K and at much lower and affordable prices !
Lucky them!

i am moving to punggol end of the year...and my block will have this facility but then 200x faster is only WITHIN punggol...

may be your ping will be <10 when u play CS with your friend...

but imagine if every neighbour also go online....how fast will it be in the end? cos bandwidth is always shared one....now i stay in bishan...all my neighbour dun use BB...so it is damn fast here

But then again...Speed are always claim to be... juz like SIngnet. hahha in the end it's just "this" speed.
But if that new scheme is really good, from what the papers says, they will be introducing to all the estates in time.

Hope so lah!

that 200 times faster than 512k bandwith is share amongst the neighbourhood.

it may come down to each family may only entitle 256k only or worst.

Originally posted by ninelives
that 200 times faster than 512k bandwith is share amongst the neighbourhood.

it may come down to each family may only entitle 256k only or worst.

Dunno abt that...it never say. See how lah.. :)

another big assumption is that the Punggol "intranet" is connected to the outside world at the same speed ;p the weakest link determines the speed you can surf net.

also, it's dependent on everyone not jamming the network with huge file transfers over the ethernet.

HOCL said:
Yes, I am (still) using dial-up ...

56K, free account from mysingtel ...
:embrass:

wah u using mysingtel ar ?? i stopped using it since they increase their charges by alot !! now i switch to Starhun free dial up ...

Status
Not open for further replies.