Who's James Mcnally?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yqt

Sep 8, 2004
East of Singapore
Just like fotoudavid, I got this warning email from James Mcnally. This email was sent to both of us through our studio's email account.

Name: James Mcnally

Email: James_Mlly@gmail.com

Subject: I see what you do

Message: ..try to cover yout tracks better , spend more time improving
your photo , not stir **** in forums

the email sent to fotoudavid can be found here:

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=290542

Is this considered cyber harassment?

it sure is.

u shud consider ur options along with fotoudavid and think of reporting it to the police and file a private civil suit.

the bad thing is that he might have ur home addy! :bigeyes:

it sure is.

u shud consider ur options along with fotoudavid and think of reporting it to the police and file a private civil suit.

the bad thing is that he might have ur home addy! :bigeyes:

Let's see if he does anything else funny first.

I don't think he'll have our home add. but I'm sure he'll have our studio's add. in which case, if anything should happen to our studio, he's the first person the police will have as a suspect ;(

Let's see if he does anything else funny first.

I don't think he'll have our home add. but I'm sure he'll have our studio's add. in which case, if anything should happen to our studio, he's the first person the police will have as a suspect ;(

yes, maybe u should wait for more legal advices from CSers who practise law.

otherwise, u can always file a complaint first with the police.:sweatsm:

thought this was solved here already?
just got this mail.

I won't say it was solved.

To sent 1 emai to one of us is one thing, but to sent to 2 different person is another. If I don't post this here, no one will know that this person IS senting emails to more than 1 of us. He seems to be tracking us and I won't be surprise if he's tracking more than just the 2 of us.

I'm keeping this thread alive and not locking it just in case others here have also recived emails or PM from this person. This will allow the everyone here know the extent of what this person is doing.

But if the Mods and Admins feel that this thread should be locked, I'll respect their decision.

Cheers.

I won't say it was solved.

To sent 1 emai to one of us is one thing, but to sent to 2 different person is another. If I don't post this here, no one will know that this person IS senting emails to more than 1 of us. He seems to be tracking us and I won't be surprise if he's tracking more than just the 2 of us.

I'm keeping this thread alive and not locking it just in case others here have also recived emails or PM from this person. This will allow the everyone here know the extent of what this person is doing.

But if the Mods and Admins feel that this thread should be locked, I'll respect their decision.

Cheers.

as Jason mentioned, he won't be surprised if that fella did indeed sent out more of such PMs or emails to more parties directly or indirectly involved in the fiasco.

perhaps u guys should come together and consider ur legal options.:thumbsup:

yes, maybe u should wait for more legal advices from CSers who practise law.

otherwise, u can always file a complaint first with the police.:sweatsm:

Now where are our " law inclined CSers " when we need one? :dunno:

as Jason mentioned, he won't be surprised if that fella did indeed sent out more of such PMs or emails to more parties directly or indirectly involved in the fiasco.

perhaps u guys should come together and consider ur legal options.:thumbsup:

That is one of the reasons why I hope this thread can be kept opened, to see if anyone else have recived anything from him.

These things happen in cyberspace alot. If you file police report, file suit, do this do that, how much time and energy are you will to allocate?

You have to ask yourself, did this do you any harm? If not, I will just move on. However, I will be a bit more diligent going forward to make sure this person is not stalking me.

If I follow up on every nasty emails and message I get, I need to hire a secretary just to keep track.

These things happen in cyberspace alot. If you file police report, file suit, do this do that, how much time and energy are you will to allocate?

You have to ask yourself, did this do you any harm? If not, I will just move on. However, I will be a bit more diligent going forward to make sure this person is not stalking me.

If I follow up on every nasty emails and message I get, I need to hire a secretary just to keep track.

u've too many many many after u. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Yes, another good advice: watch your back when you go home at night! and don't sleep in your studio!

HS

DP thanks for your concern and appericate your advise. That's why I'm waiting to see if he does anything else and also to see if anyone else got " contacted " by him.

Stalking? Go ahead, this is Singapore and not some 3rd world country. Anyway this issue have now been make known to many people here as well as outside of CS. I doubt he'll do anything else. He can be tracked by his ISP through the emails he sent us as well as through CS as mentioned by Jason.

Cheers guys.

Yes, another good advice: watch your back when you go home at night! and don't sleep in your studio!

HS

Thanks HS but as I've said, this is Singapore. Should anything happento me, my family or my studio, he's the first suspect I'll inform the police about. Even if he " bumb me off ", this have been make known to others outside of CS.

BTW, I don't spend the night in the studio but thanks for the advise ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.