Who's chimping? (Everyone)

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha.... good one..! :bsmilie:

woodstock said:
Check this out guys (the file is big): chimping

Very funny stuff about chimping.

I have to confess...I am a 100% chimpster heh.. I can't help it ever since I shot with my first digital P&S to D70.

By the way on the second segment..that Fat Guy called Ron Taniwaki..he seem to be chimp-handling a Nikon D2X !!! An early purchase for pros only?

chimping
n :
the act of constantly using the display on the back of a digital camera to review the photos one is taking. Named for the sounds made by its practitioners, for example, “Oh oh oh ooh ooh ooh look at this one!”

uh, i posted this waaaay long ago. :D

btw, i don't chimp. i check my histograms for exposures, compositions etc... :bsmilie:

Yups, CH IM P is a feature of digital, quite a waste if we don't use it. But Chimping (with the "Ho ho ho hoh ho") is really quite... err... non-gentle (lack of politeness or social grace, whatever, I can't describe it).

sammy888 said:
By the way on the second segment..that Fat Guy called Ron Taniwaki..he seem to be chimp-handling a Nikon D2X !!! An early purchase for pros only?

You are mistaken, that's a D2H. Check out the LCD, the wordings just below. D2X has the D2X letters imprinted on it.

But if you have contacts with Nikon, you should be able to touch it what. In fact, one person has touched it here in SG a couple of months ago already if i am not wrong.

2100 said:
You are mistaken, that's a D2H. Check out the LCD, the wordings just below. D2X has the D2X letters imprinted on it.

But if you have contacts with Nikon, you should be able to touch it what. In fact, one person has touched it here in SG a couple of months ago already if i am not wrong.

Well okay..I take your word for it..I just saw the letters on the camera he was holding and enlarged it abit and it looked like the letterings of D2X. I am into Nikon but I am not that much of a stickler into looking at all the bodies and lens to recognised then by all the details so I was only assuming. It did looked darn much like the letterings of D2X.

And no I am not that overly excited to touch one. Just thought it was rather earlier to see one being sold so I thought maybe the rumours that Pros are the first to purchase them were true.

Thanks for the heads up.

eh..got lcd might as well chimp away. after all thats one of the reasons we get a digital cam. ;)

sehsuan said:
uh, i posted this waaaay long ago. :D

btw, i don't chimp. i check my histograms for exposures, compositions etc... :bsmilie:

why cannot check composition via view finder?

shouldn't it be termed 'check image REview' instead?

chimre sounds more classy ;p

Ding Shan Ben said:
why cannot check composition via view finder?

when you are viewing thru the finder, you are looking at things in '3-D'

when you snap the shot, things might look a bit different in '2D'.

anyway, professionals check image reviews all the time, be it polaroids or feedback on monitor, for composition, exposure and so on.

Hmm.... Chimping?

Its hard not to chimp, I'm trying to cut it down by setting preview time to 2secs.

jsbn said:
Hmm.... Chimping?

Its hard not to chimp, I'm trying to cut it down by setting preview time to 2secs.

There's nothing wrong with chimping. Studio photographers have been doing it for decades using Polaroid(TM) instant film prior to exposing the "real" film. Of course, "proofing" sounds much better than "chimping".

chimping hmmmm.... tough qns... i kinda do chimping too... heh... like every 45mins or so... hmmm.. i am a chimpinglogist ? hahahaa

Status
Not open for further replies.