whole Singapore D7000 out of stock?

ha ha... bro... well-said!!!

But I didn't bother to check when I bought my D7000, the only request when I bought it was it has to be a virgin (brand new)...:bigeyes:

Advise to those buying their camera
- Do not play out by the sales person. Remember, you're the customer. You've got the right to test out the set (ignore their "trust me, trust the shop" game play). Test out the set on the spot no matter what
- If you feel unsatisfied with your set, demand a change. If that's the last set, do not buy. I won't doubt there are shops that keep those sets belonged to those earlier customers who discover problems. After all, it's the customers that will be going to NSC to fix the problem, not the shop. This is unethical. Remember, do not get played out.
- Bring along someone you know (and have experience in camera) to come along. You may need his help.

Problems so far that mentioned in this thread includlng:
- Hot pixel (still photos): This one is very hard to detect with that small LCD screen behind your camera. However, obvious one will still be obvious. Taking 3 to 4 photos with the lens cap on (and browse through all of them), will usually adequate to flush out darn-obvious hotpixel, which is consider rare but not impossible. My suggested setting would be 8 sec exposure w/ ISO 3200.
- Hot pixel (video): This one is very easy to be detected. However, it's claimed to be fixed in firmware update. Nevertheless, if it's too obvious, you might also wish to change. (taking w/ lens cap on, shutter (1/50), ISO 400, 800, 1600, 3200, remember to set the camera's video manual setting to 'on'
- Hot/Dead pixel (LCD screen): Another factor you might wish to consider is the hot and dead pixel of the LCD screen.
- Microphone of camera: There's a forumer who claimed that his/her camera doesn't record sound when recording video. You can test this one out too. Also remember to test the speaker at the back of your camera for video playback. (note that the camera's microphone is recorded in MONO, thus it is that way and not a defect)
- Focusing issue: There are people who claimed there's a focusing issue with the camera. I'm not very clear about this one but don't bother testing with 3rd party lens. If anyone who has a suggestion on testing focusing issue on the spot would be appreciated
- Others: of course, shutter button, various other buttons, switches, top LCD backlit etc should be tested too.

Frankly, all of these look very complicated, and to be frank, when I bought this camera (1st DSLR), I also really lost on what to test out. But experience plays a part. I won't say I'm an experienced person but if I go and buy it, I'll do the following:

1) Inspect camera for physical defects
2) Install the battery inside and power up (check battery cover), also install memory card if possible at any point of time
3) Check backlit for top panel, check button working or not
4) Install a lens, test for AF, AF settings (for lens testing, another sets of tests)
5) Take photos to test hot pixel, both for LCD screen and sensor
6) Take out lens cap. Test video, mic, sound playback, AF-F for video etc
7) Take a piece of white paper blown out to look for dead pixel on LCD screen and sensor (correct me for the sensor part if I'm wrong)
8) If buying a flash, test hotshoe and master/slave (if applicable). Otherwise, test popup flash (and check the cover)

I think all these won't take more than 5 mins to test bah.

its a sign! go for d Canon 7d... hahah jkjk lol

Hi, i am new to this forum, and i had been hunting for D7000 since last week.. till today 7/12/2010, there isn't any stock for D7000. Anyone out there know when is the stock coming in? Or anywhere out there where they still have stock left? Seem like is all sold out ...
Pls help.

Check out the pre-owned camera shops at Prninsula Plaza if you need one desparately.

Advise to those buying their camera
- Do not play out by the sales person. Remember, you're the customer. You've got the right to test out the set (ignore their "trust me, trust the shop" game play). Test out the set on the spot no matter what
- If you feel unsatisfied with your set, demand a change. If that's the last set, do not buy. I won't doubt there are shops that keep those sets belonged to those earlier customers who discover problems. After all, it's the customers that will be going to NSC to fix the problem, not the shop. This is unethical. Remember, do not get played out.
- Bring along someone you know (and have experience in camera) to come along. You may need his help.

Problems so far that mentioned in this thread includlng:
- Hot pixel (still photos): This one is very hard to detect with that small LCD screen behind your camera. However, obvious one will still be obvious. Taking 3 to 4 photos with the lens cap on (and browse through all of them), will usually adequate to flush out darn-obvious hotpixel, which is consider rare but not impossible. My suggested setting would be 8 sec exposure w/ ISO 3200.
- Hot pixel (video): This one is very easy to be detected. However, it's claimed to be fixed in firmware update. Nevertheless, if it's too obvious, you might also wish to change. (taking w/ lens cap on, shutter (1/50), ISO 400, 800, 1600, 3200, remember to set the camera's video manual setting to 'on'
- Hot/Dead pixel (LCD screen): Another factor you might wish to consider is the hot and dead pixel of the LCD screen.
- Microphone of camera: There's a forumer who claimed that his/her camera doesn't record sound when recording video. You can test this one out too. Also remember to test the speaker at the back of your camera for video playback. (note that the camera's microphone is recorded in MONO, thus it is that way and not a defect)
- Focusing issue: There are people who claimed there's a focusing issue with the camera. I'm not very clear about this one but don't bother testing with 3rd party lens. If anyone who has a suggestion on testing focusing issue on the spot would be appreciated
- Others: of course, shutter button, various other buttons, switches, top LCD backlit etc should be tested too.

Frankly, all of these look very complicated, and to be frank, when I bought this camera (1st DSLR), I also really lost on what to test out. But experience plays a part. I won't say I'm an experienced person but if I go and buy it, I'll do the following:

1) Inspect camera for physical defects
2) Install the battery inside and power up (check battery cover), also install memory card if possible at any point of time
3) Check backlit for top panel, check button working or not
4) Install a lens, test for AF, AF settings (for lens testing, another sets of tests)
5) Take photos to test hot pixel, both for LCD screen and sensor
6) Take out lens cap. Test video, mic, sound playback, AF-F for video etc
7) Take a piece of white paper blown out to look for dead pixel on LCD screen and sensor (correct me for the sensor part if I'm wrong)
8) If buying a flash, test hotshoe and master/slave (if applicable). Otherwise, test popup flash (and check the cover)

I think all these won't take more than 5 mins to test bah.

*Clap Clap* Definitely a big thumbs up for this. :thumbsup:
Getting my D7000 later on. hope everything goes well! :D

My very first post.......
still cannot find anywhere with new d7k stocks.....was thinking of getting one to bring to my holiday trip on friday....sad

My very first post.......
still cannot find anywhere with new d7k stocks.....was thinking of getting one to bring to my holiday trip on friday....sad

Try Cathay Photo There stock just came in but only with kit, they don't have only body set;)

iPhoto at Lucky Plaza was a good experience for me on wednesday. I just got mine at body 1.7k with 8gb SD and all the free gifts that were included in the Sitex show. One thing I want to ask is that why did they change the battery size of D7000? I thought it was remained the same, now I can share battery with my friends =/

seems that D7000 is really a good selling model, most of the shops have no stock already...

Not just in Singapore, elsewhere too. Check Amazon and BHPhoto they are constantly out of stock. I think especially during the holiday season, lot of happy husband this Christmas :bsmilie::bsmilie:

I think there would be ample stock in January, in time for CNY. :bsmilie:

one thing i always like to do before buying anything electronics gadget with removable batteries (sad to say not applicable to apple), i like to inspect the battery contact point first(before that salesman poke it in to try) for any markings caused by inserting it into the device prior to ur visit. if there are markings, i would kindly reject for another set.

Good advice. but i've a question as a noob. does this always mean it's used if there's slight scratch? will the sales folks say the scratches may have gotten there during tests at factory's qc?

Hi may i know where is this iPhoto place? I tried googling and it keep prompting Apple product. =x

it's at lucky plaza, formerly known as Lords Photo.

seems that D7000 is really a good selling model, most of the shops have no stock already...

went to check for my friends last week and a few shops mentioned to preorder it.
they also said that the quantities coming in are not alot.
however, my friend nw seems to b holding out till they resolve the hot pixels issue.

Was at Suntec today. It is selling there and price has dropped by 100 bucks. comes with 32G + 8G card.

Was at Suntec today. It is selling there and price has dropped by 100 bucks. comes with 32G + 8G card.

What are the other freebies in the selling package ? Any PWP ?

just got my D7000 at iphoto last nite...
iphoto is at Lucky plaza, 1st floor, behind the staircase, beside a shop selling lots of shoes.

I got the body only at 1.7K with 1x 8GB SD card, Nikon bag, lens cleaning kit, and cleaning cloth. (Pay by cash only, POSB ATM at 3rd floor, but very crowded, next nearest one is outside CK TANG main exit.)

What I got is actually the D7000 kit box without the lens, the shop took out the lens and gave me everything in the box.

Service of iphoto is good, he allow me to test the camera as long as I like, and does not disturb me when I am doing the testing. I was there with my freind together to get 2 sets of D7k, the first set we tested is good, only about 3 hotpixels when doing long exposure of 10sec, at ISO 6400. 2nd set was horrible, tons of hot pixels on the same test, 3rd set encounter around 5 hot pixels.

For us, a few hot pixels are ok, cos unless you zoom 100% then it is obvious.

I am happy with the cam so far, but feel that the build of D7000 is not as refine as D300.
eg, buttons, covers, switches...

Anyway, happy hunting for you guys...

Merry Xmas.

Hello,

Is yours the first or second batch?

sorry. noob question. I was hoping the second batch would have resolved the hotpixel issues.

=)

Anyway, how do you know if yours is second batch and mine is the first batch or yours is first batch and mine is second batch???

Based on what the seller tells you??? and you believe that???

Or there is a number or code to diff batches???

Hello,

Is yours the first or second batch?

sorry. noob question. I was hoping the second batch would have resolved the hotpixel issues.

=)

Don't care which batch is it lah... you go to the shop that let you try untill the sun goes down, and if you are happy with it then buy loh.... the shop will not say once you touch it, cannot change even got hot pixels....

but then you got to be resonable, if there is only a few hot pixel, there is nothing to be alarm... anyway, depends on your shooting habit, I will never shoot long exposure in crazy high iso... (but to squeeze out the hot pixels during test, you have to do that.)

I hate to say that i was worrying about the hot pixels initially, and postpone my purchase until yesterday. i have made up my mind if the hotpixels is not obvious or it is acceptable by me, i will buy. And i tell you what, I am a happy man making the choice... I have already made lots of plan for xmas... and some of the snapshots i took in the office today was simply impressive and poisonous... (a few of my colleagues already got the virus...)

Don't ask the shop which batch is it now, no point... I just ask him, still got hot pixel problem? And he reply me, this is third batch liao... (until the moment I pay him he still can't answer me still got hot pixel or not?) keke...

Make a choice, and enjoy...!