Whole day wedding photography for less than $800?

Nowadays, with Facebook and free Wordpress template that looks really professional. Reaching out is not as difficult for people who have little budget. Of course on the other side, the competition just got larger.

Yes, I thought I charge at a rate that is more or less sustainable in long run but I have photographer who charge dirt cheap and tell everyone that cheap is good. I really think he/she doing themselves a dis-service.

Every year at work, you hope for a pay rise regardless of your performance, but self employed photographer seems to always getting paid less and less. It is just not logical.

Enjoying your photography and don't want to do full time photography and charge less, it is ok as it is not your main income. But as a main income, it would be really sad.

But the choice is yours ok how much you want to charge as you choose how you going to live your life.

Regards,

Hart

u mean there r ppl who charge the same price every year? weird ppl.. guess they don't have confident in their skill. I know being a wedding photog is not easy at all...

i rather target ppl who can afford me than going cheap. This way, i shoot less but for more $$. :bsmilie:

Nowadays, with Facebook and free Wordpress template that looks really professional. Reaching out is not as difficult for people who have little budget. Of course on the other side, the competition just got larger.

Yes, I thought I charge at a rate that is more or less sustainable in long run but I have photographer who charge dirt cheap and tell everyone that cheap is good. I really think he/she doing themselves a dis-service.

Every year at work, you hope for a pay rise regardless of your performance, but self employed photographer seems to always getting paid less and less. It is just not logical.

Enjoying your photography and don't want to do full time photography and charge less, it is ok as it is not your main income. But as a main income, it would be really sad.

But the choice is yours ok how much you want to charge as you choose how you going to live your life.

Regards,

Hart

Last edited:

Yes, what Hart said.

And to add; when you are working for a company, you hold that post. You might do the job of two person, or even three, or you may head a department, but pretty much that for most people.

But when you are a self employed person, you are the visionary, the management, the accountant, the legal, the worker, the customer service person, the debt collector and the delivery boy. PLUS all the risks.

And YET, you get the pay of one person, and a low pay at that.

Dead horse we beat, sadly.

some started off as a hobby, then they quit their full-time jobs suddenly to transform their passion into career, while some succeed as they ventured into the market, there also those who didn't as they lacked business skills to compete against the rest. So in desperation to get fast income, they slashed their rates to get quick jobs.

some also heard this ancient saying "do what you love and you don't have to work a single day.." so some decided to go for passion wholly without practical considerations.

i choose to be a part-time photographer mainly because i still can have a steady flow of income from a full-time job, while part-time photography business can be handled at a managable pace. Of cos, i will not charge so cheap as i valued my work pieces.

Even if i would to become full-time, i will make sure i had a backup plan and enough savings for emergency.

i also feel when photography becomes a career, it is business.. survival.. less fun than a passionate hobby.

Last edited:
some started off as a hobby, then they quit their full-time jobs suddenly to transform their passion into career, while some succeed as they ventured into the market, there also those who didn't as they lacked business skills to compete against the rest. So in desperation to get fast income, they slashed their rates to get quick jobs.

some also heard this ancient saying "do what you love and you don't have to work a single day.." so some decided to go for passion wholly without practical considerations.

i choose to be a part-time photographer mainly because i still can have a steady flow of income from a full-time job, while part-time photography business can be handled at a managable pace. Of cos, i will not charge so cheap as i valued my work pieces.

Even if i would to become full-time, i will make sure i had a backup plan and enough savings for emergency.

i also feel when photography becomes a career, it is business.. survival.. less fun than a passionate hobby.

Yes, this is correct when one started the business, survival is everything. However, it doesn't stop yourself to be passionate about your work. Without that, one will burn out pretty quickly.

However, remember when survival stage has passed and business become stable, remember to spend time to help others.

Help yourself first then when successful, help others and it is very rewarding for being able to help.

Regards,

Hart