Who will rush to buy iPad when it's launched next month here?

Paranoid

May 3, 2006
Bishan
I played around with my friend's iPad brought from US.
Very Nice. Very Tempting.
The Display is :thumbsup:
But waiting for $ to drop.

;p

certainly not me. my phone specs rival the pad. got a laptop too ~~

perhaps cool to look at, but certainly not gonna be extremely useful to do intensive stuff.

wah..what phone are u using?

i tried it in heathrow, whoever said that typing on an ipad is the same as typing on anything else is a bloody joker, or doesn't know how to type properly.

i think i will never get used to touch screen keyboard meant for 2 hands. iphone, fingers still can imagine, although i haven't tried, but without being able to rest your wrists on something, and having to keep individual fingers up in the air, you gotta be kidding me.

that said, it is very fast, very smooth, nice screen. but i need to type a lot for web browsing/emails, so this thing really isn't for me. maybe a certain variety of person might find it useful.

I will buy it for my 6 year old son to learn Chinese. There are some cool Mac apps that teach how to write Chinese. Will definitely buy iPad but won't 'rush' to buy.

Fanboi who have loads of money and don't need to work...can afford to queue up during midnite to buy a gadget that they can't utilize:bsmilie:

I've yet to see any use of it for me, so I won't. I don't know what it does, really, to me it's just like a bigger sized iTouch, but that's just me.

i tried it in heathrow, whoever said that typing on an ipad is the same as typing on anything else is a bloody joker, or doesn't know how to type properly.

i think i will never get used to touch screen keyboard meant for 2 hands. iphone, fingers still can imagine, although i haven't tried, but without being able to rest your wrists on something, and having to keep individual fingers up in the air, you gotta be kidding me.

that said, it is very fast, very smooth, nice screen. but i need to type a lot for web browsing/emails, so this thing really isn't for me. maybe a certain variety of person might find it useful.

well... I dun touch the pad yet. but I dun mind sharing my experience as a hd2 user. 4.3inch screen is good.I can use it to show images, videos and etc. has a officie suit in it. letsvjust say I can use this phone to take notes during lessons at a relatively fast rate, so u can imagine the phone word guessing skills. opera runs decently on this. apart from lack of flash, which can be enabled with by modding phone.
only downside is winmo6.5 I guess can be hopefully mod to android once xda ppl get it right.

for the size, price and power; ill rather get a netbook or just use my HTC.

phone dynamics very different from ipad dynamics, typing wise.

phone dynamics very different from ipad dynamics, typing wise.

well yes. I can type with 2 fingers and the rest supports the phone. the pad? I dunno. single hand dancing across screen, the other support? feels not balanced to me.

well yes. I can type with 2 fingers and the rest supports the phone. the pad? I dunno. single hand dancing across screen, the other support? feels not balanced to me.

you're supposed to put the pad on your lap and then type with your fingers hoovering in the air and only touching when you want a key pressed.

seems rather silly, the interface needs work if you want to make the ipad a serious competitor with netbooks. otherwise, i guess for those people who like to browse (e.g. people who just lurk in B&S in clubsnap) but not post, it is fine.

No USB port = dealbreaker for me

you're supposed to put the pad on your lap and then type with your fingers hoovering in the air and only touching when you want a key pressed.

seems rather silly, the interface needs work if you want to make the ipad a serious competitor with netbooks. otherwise, i guess for those people who like to browse (e.g. people who just lurk in B&S in clubsnap) but not post, it is fine.

what the o.o seriously? imagine keep leaning forward. backache leh. I thought can carry like lecture pad and write on. good if got that handwriting capability.
well. I'm amused! thanks naimeh for letting us know how it works.

That's my baby too....the HD2 is awesome. But I have to say the iPad has it's own niche. Narrow but it has it's niche use but as usual with it being a Apple... alot of people will be buying it for all the wrong reasons. I maybe wrong but I expect a lot of second hand ipads will hit the market.

what the o.o seriously? imagine keep leaning forward. backache leh. I thought can carry like lecture pad and write on. good if got that handwriting capability.
well. I'm amused! thanks naimeh for letting us know how it works.

I have also managed to try one out when I was in Hong Kong, the iPad is not as light as you would think so carrying with one hand and typing with another not entirely a long term solution. I would get a wireless keyboard for the typing. Hardly think there will be much times you want to be typing a lot most of the time in any case...and if you really do, stick to the notebook.

If i do get one it will be for these 3 things only. Games, comic book reader and to show portfolio to clients. Maybe some light surfing but otherwise i don't think anything else.

yup. The ipad is way over hyped. Apple say low stock but I was in US when the 3G ipad was launched, you can see stock everywhere. Even bestbuy also have stock and not many people buying. no queue, no crowds...

i used to only sms and make phone calls on my mobile phone

now i send more sms and make more phone calls
plus surf the web, check CS, play facebook games, IM, check the direction of the sunrise, check the weather, educate my daughter ... ...