Who will buy the upcoming Nikon Mirrorless?

WHO will buy the upcoming Nikon Mirrorless?

Results are only viewable after voting.

kriegsketten

Apr 7, 2010
Southern Enclave
Oh for the fun of it, following hot on NR's heels... :bsmilie: no pixels will be harmed during this poll. I don't think the final results of this poll will reflect the actual buyers sentiments.

Last edited:
they mentioned that the is an adapter for the f mount

basically i don't want to bring a dslr for family/friends gatherings
something small yet produce good pictures would be great

not sure abt this, seldom check now things, now i better check nikon website

I still think a mirrorless cam is too much of a "not here not there" product. It's not small enough to be truly called a compact camera, yet it's not big enough to allow a firm and comfortable grip on it.

I still think a mirrorless cam is too much of a "not here not there" product. It's not small enough to be truly called a compact camera, yet it's not big enough to allow a firm and comfortable grip on it.

the micro 4/3 is already P&S size

IMG_46411.jpg

IMG_4643.jpg

the panasonic GF-3 + new pancake zoom lens back to back with a Oly XZ-1

the Nikon EVIL will be smaller

basically i don't want to bring a dslr for family/friends gatherings
something small yet produce good pictures would be great

Precisely my thoughts too ( that's why ended up with 2 P&S digicams...:cool:)

Will see then, and/or comment further after/when "It" surfaced...till then...!!;)...:bsmilie:

**Hopefully "It" will be at least 30% and/or more in reduction on :heart:Weight and Size of cam's Body & Lenses too...hor(Lenses especially...hor...if not I'd have gotten SONY-NEX...that's how ended-up P&S for now...hehehe...) and not forgetting give a convent-built-in-Flash hor and as far as possible like OLY-PEN got a :heart:Hotshoe for external-Flash...more creative-flash-photography in this case, Nikon...haha...!!!)

Last edited:
erictan8888 said:
they mentioned that the is an adapter for the f mount

That would produce a very unbalanced setup. Imagine fixing a 600mm in front of a small body. And since the sensor is much smaller, much of the light gathered by the big lens effectively is thrown away.

the micro 4/3 is already P&S size

IMG_46411.jpg

IMG_4643.jpg

the panasonic GF-3 + new pancake zoom lens back to back with a Oly XZ-1

the Nikon EVIL will be smaller

ok you got me there :)
That would certainly make it worth considering.
To be honest I haven't paid such close attention to the newer releases of the m4/3 range. Have seen offerings like the Sony Nex and GF-1 with their kit lenses, and they just seemed too bulky to me.

this 14-42 pancake looks like it has huge potential! :)

it will not replace my dslr. but if it produces good images, it will be an addition to my collection of cameras, hopefully i can still use my nikon flashes

I'm curious to see how the new Mirrorless (smaller than m4/3) sensor perform. Has Nikon found a way to make smaller sensor image processing to match that of the larger m4/3 or crop sized mirrorless? If so, there would be much to talk about after its release... It's either going to be a big flop or a big sensation - either way, it's exciting to watch.

I doubt anyone who's going for this size body would seriously attach an AF-S 600mm f/4 + 1.4 TC... then again... never say never... think of the weight you'd save by cutting down a heavy DSLR body if you're going deep into the jungle for birding or wild life for many days? Every ounce counts... That's provided that the image quality is good enough course...

I've tested the Sony NEX with the 18-200mm and it is good, it'll be a godsend for me to use a Nikon with my 18-200mm for travel and add in a GPS chipset.

hmmmm 600mm f4 on a 2.7X cropped sensor = 1620mm f4

add a 1.4X TC = OMG!!!

It's called filling up the frame to your heart's content... ;) Some birders used Nikon field scopes (those with red rings) with DSLRs and claimed that the image quality are quite acceptable. I only see the mirrorless as a possible alternative... plus, you get to keep the aperture size, versus field scopes which will end up with an even smaller and slower aperture...

Last edited:
Not too sure about it.
Its almost like Nikon did not want to produce a camera in m4/3 format that would immediately get cannibalized for either lens or body. (ie. users can then mix and match between oly/pana/nikon)
Yet, they more or less believed that a 4/3 like sensor size as the way to go, so they made their own 'like m4/3" standard.

The avaliable lenses and lens sizes plus the image quality wrt m4/3 will be interesting to observe.
Lets see how it performs.

Coming from one who has a GF1, its pretty compact to be chucked into any remaining slot of any non-camera bag or slung on the shoulder for a whole day and certainly good enough to grip, esp. as its smaller and lighter.

Last edited:
If the sensor is ASP-C size, then I'll get it.