Who will be next?

BBTM said:
Canon Launches 'Try and Buy' Programme for Its Lenses - HardwareZone.com.sg

Will it be better than Camera Rental due to more choices? On top of that, will other company also follow? :think:

Maybe, maybe not. Perhaps the try and buy is to basically let you try out but under the database your trial is recorded so maybe you won't be allowed to try the same lens again? Whereas rental centres will not have that problem.

But I like how they poison you. Hahahaah

i'm dreaming of one day, when sony will allow me to borrow the 500mm F4 G Lens :bsmilie:

kei1309 said:
i'm dreaming of one day, when sony will allow me to borrow the 500mm F4 G Lens :bsmilie:

I won't be as demanding as you lah. I was pretty pleased to have rented the Nikon AF-S 200mm f/2 lens at half price from CRC!

Some times I wonder why they made lens that only a few rich people can afford to buy ?

Some times I wonder why they made lens that only a few rich people can afford to buy ?

If there is a use for the lens, they will make it. The final cost of making the lens is the Cost Price. It's made up of many things, including materials, R&D and workmanship.

The retail price is a combination of Cost Price and other factors such as Chains of Distribution and tariffs, as well as certain hidden costs.

And if the lens is very expensive, then it's marketing's job to make people think that they need it, and sales' job to ensure that people buy it.

Last edited:

You totally forget professionals and corporations. Stop thinking of photography as just a rich person's hobby. Once you realize that people can earn money, and that the cost of a lens like this can be recouped in a few shoots that you may not get if you didn't have this lens...

Canon have the biggest range of lenses amount all, sure suit for different user group. 50mm only cost 12x? :)

Canon have the biggest range of lenses amount all, sure suit for different user group. 50mm only cost 12x? :)

biggest range of lenses? more like many generations of single lenses.

Canon has pretty much more telephoto primes... but those are very expensive as well.

really... you want to brag about how many lenses Canon has?

can i brag to you how many Ferraris there are on Singapore's roads?

biggest range of lenses? more like many generations of single lenses.

Canon has pretty much more telephoto primes... but those are very expensive as well.

really... you want to brag about how many lenses Canon has?

can i brag to you how many Ferraris there are on Singapore's roads?

don't think it's the intent of ganetzp to "brag about how many lenses Canon has"....