Who want to go Newton eat tiger prawns?

Going Newton eat tiger prawns?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry Potter

Jun 30, 2005
Hogwarts
Heard that the tiger prawns there are very big.

Heard that the tiger prawns there are very big.

Heard that it cost $236 or something for 6 tiger prawns. BTW, the stall now ordered to close down oredy;p

Heard that it cost $236 or something for 6 tiger prawns. BTW, the stall now ordered to close down oredy;p

For this price, the prawn must be as long as and as heavy as a 1000mm lens :bsmilie:

Those at Newton aren't that BIG lah...I remember a few years back when I went to Vietnam for a biz trip, I went to one of their local restaurants and they had these huge live prawns/shrimps...The largest one was ard 1Kg each...:bsmilie:

The Newton stall owner and helpers surrounded the tourists and threaten them, sounds exactly like those Sim Lim salesmen.

Those at Newton aren't that BIG lah...I remember a few years back when I went to Vietnam for a biz trip, I went to one of their local restaurants and they had these huge live prawns/shrimps...The largest one was ard 1Kg each...:bsmilie:

How much are those 1kg prawns? :bigeyes:

Those in Newton works out to be ard $60 each:bsmilie:

I think the vietnam ones should cost much less since SG have been confirmed to be the city with the third highest living expenses after two other japanese cities recently....

Those in Newton works out to be ard $60 each:bsmilie:

I think the vietnam ones should cost much less since SG have been confirmed to be the city with the third highest living expenses after two other japanese cities recently....

If eat in Singapore restaurants, tiger prawns is how much?

Confirmed way cheaper than the Newton Hawker Centre Prawns...:) Probably less than SGD 10 per prawn...:bsmilie:

8 tiger prawns $239. hahaha

For $239.... I could eat at least 13-15kg of normal prawn.... :nono:

In my mid 30s..... I've only remember beening to Newton only once..... also consider that place a 'Tourist Chopping Area', and NOT for local. :sweat:

Those $239 Tiger Prawns can do Tiger Uppercut and Tiger Knee. hahah

Wow, the prawns are the siz e of a tiger is it:bsmilie::sticktong

maybe they order this size lar. :bsmilie:

giant+prawns.jpg

at $8 per 100g, it is real ex......... read today straits times.... last night nobody go down to newton food centre .....

I voted YES ! But I will BRING MY OWN PRAWNS AND BBQ PIT ! ;)

Definitely not going to pay to eat at stalls that serves up such a bad name consistently over the years ! Daylight ROBBERY man !

I heard that the Hawker Committee or something still stood up to speak up for the stall ! Cahoots man if you ask me. Anyways, I think the only way to stem this is to serve up a huge FINE. AND make sure the notice of customer protection plus the hotline number to call is posted at all the entrances. Perhaps can also ban the stall owner from taking up hawker license for x months.

Last edited:
Newton and Sim lim square, not sure why tourists keep flocking to these two places.

Status
Not open for further replies.