Who wanna mass order the LX2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
xllms said:
i wonder how much is this leica version...certainly looks alot better than the panasonic

xllms

Pana's version is US$499.95 from the Panasonic US's site, Leica's version should be up from that price I reckoned.

AJ23 said:
Pana's version is US$499.95 from the Panasonic US's site, Leica's version should be up from that price I reckoned.

i know the leica version will definitely be more ex..just like wat happened to lx1 and the leica's d-lux 2...was like S$800+ and S$1000+...as dpreview stated "its has had image processing adjustments as defined by Leica"...wonders what exactly will the differences in imaginery be...

xllms

At least the Leica version of LX2 has ISO 80 ;)

Hello...all new LX2 users...so how much did you pay for that LX2? and what was the bundled items...most important is where did you get it.

Blu-By-U said:
Hello...all new LX2 users...so how much did you pay for that LX2? and what was the bundled items...most important is where did you get it.

Paris Silk (Transit Rd) - $676 whatever's in the box + lumix photo paper.

any updates on the price or packages or whatsoever?

thanks!

If Panasonic LX2 is $600++, The Leica maybe 25% to 30% more? :dunno:

wrx_sti_22b said:
If Panasonic LX2 is $600++, The Leica maybe 25% to 30% more? :dunno:
probably $1k +/-;p

Hi,

My current best offered price is around 680 (including GST) + 1 GB + photo paper.
Is this reasonable? BTW, the Leica version supports ISO 80 and it got me
thinking whether I should wait for the Leica version..:(
Any thoughts?

Regards
dcubes

dcubes said:
Hi,

My current best offered price is around 680 (including GST) + 1 GB + photo paper.
Any thoughts?

Regards
dcubes
not a bad price.
ISO80 and 100 ain't that much of a difference anyway, if you just want Leica for that ISO advantage... maybe time to rethink since Leica version sure gonna cost you a few hundreds more. But if you got the $ to burn, then its up to you. ;)

Yes, you should.
For a few hundred $ difference, you get to own a Leica. I did just that when I bought the D-Lux 2 over the LX1. Never regretted it one bit even though I found the noise level of the LX1/D-Lux 2 to be too excessive at night for practical use.
The feel when you hold the camera is totally different from that of the Panasonic... like comparing a Toyota to a Mercedes.

So... a warning... do not ever seek out and hold the Leica after you had bought the LX2 ! You will regret buying the LX2. :)

tomcat said:
Yes, you should.
For a few hundred $ difference, you get to own a Leica. I did just that when I bought the D-Lux 2 over the LX1. Never regretted it one bit even though I found the noise level of the LX1/D-Lux 2 to be too excessive at night for practical use.
The feel when you hold the camera is totally different from that of the Panasonic... like comparing a Toyota to a Mercedes.
guess that will be more of personal opinion... personally i don mind holding any camera as long as it feels reasonable alright. :bsmilie:
as for the feel... i would rather save the few bucks and give the better Leica feel a pass since im still a student, and that few hundreds means A LOT to me. :sweatsm:

People should only buy what they can afford.
I can't afford the M8 and will never considering buying it at this point in my life, but that does not prevent me from lusting after it, right? A few thousand bucks mean A LOT to me just like a few hundred buck mean a lot to you.
If you can afford to buy the D-Lux 3 but opted for the LX2 to save a few bucks, then what I said would apply to you.

selling my 1 week old LX2 black for $650. Planning to get the Leica version. Both for the nicer look and the Photoshop element,.
PM me if u're keen.

dcubes said:
Hi,

Any thoughts?

Regards
dcubes

i was quoted $720 wif a 1G card for a black leica version... is it worth it?

where did u get $680? can share?

initialE24 said:

waa very good price for a leica version lx2 :thumbsup:

initialE24 said:

one week ago, i got it from paris silk for 670nett + 1GB + photopaper. :)

initialE24 said:

Do tell where to get black Leica version for $720.

../azul123

micah4 said:
one week ago, i got it from paris silk for 670nett + 1GB + photopaper. :)

called them but was offered $700 wif a card only....no photo papers :(

Status
Not open for further replies.