Who use FP Sync flash on E-1 or E-300?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ykkok

Feb 24, 2004
Just to find out who has ever use FP Sync flash and when on your E-1 or E-300?
Both FL-36 and FL-50 supports this with the bodies above.

Yes, I have tried using the FL-36 with the E-300 in FP mode, just to see how it worked.

me! use when using fill outdoors... oso can use for 'special' effect, when shoot at 1/4000 u can light up the subject (with flash) while the background is WAY underexposed u get pitch black...
:cheers:

how to enable it?

With flash and camera on, keep pushing the Mode button on the flash until you see FP appear, either FP TTL AUTO or FP MANUAL (depending on what you need).

FP will also appear on camera (at least on E-300's control panel, can't answer about E-1 or E-500).

i use FP too but can never get it "working right". always underexpose by a lot (both A & S priority mode) when use indoors & not enuf power for outdoor fills, distance is quite near, about 1.5m ~ 2m. when i sent it in for check, the technician say nothing wrong. :dunno: must be me i guess.

I've tried shooting a backlit subject, using FP as fill-in, purposely setting large aperture, and got it to work perfectly at shutter speed of 1/4000 sec.

Didn't test on effective distance though.

nightpiper said:
i use FP too but can never get it "working right". always underexpose by a lot (both A & S priority mode) when use indoors & not enuf power for outdoor fills, distance is quite near, about 1.5m ~ 2m. when i sent it in for check, the technician say nothing wrong. :dunno: must be me i guess.

Hey, that is exactly what I experienced when trying out FP (by accident turn on). End up have to boost the curves of my indoor shots before sending for print. Pictures taken in HDB flat living room. Maybe FP more for infill at nearer distance? Or need more time to understand how it works. :dunno:

flash distance is significantly reduced when u use FP mode. the faster the sync, the shorter the distance.

tao said:
Hey, that is exactly what I experienced when trying out FP (by accident turn on). End up have to boost the curves of my indoor shots before sending for print. Pictures taken in HDB flat living room. Maybe FP more for infill at nearer distance? Or need more time to understand how it works. :dunno:

As highlighted in the manual, FP mode is useful in certain situation only. Usually as fill-in in daytime. Not really useful for indoor shots.

Also, I used it once when I was shooting portrait as fill-in, with 50mm at f2.0 to create nice bokeh. The shutter speed was 1/1000s under bright daylight. Without FP mode, I guess, I would have to step down the aperture or use an additional ND filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.