Who thinks England will be out in the 1st round?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NitroTech

Apr 4, 2002
In Paradise
Visit site
Who thinks England will get knocked out in the 1st group phase....??

Me x 10!!!:devil:

*crosses fingers for Sv-England*

Well, here is my show of faith i guess. :)

Come on lads! Show the world....

Then again, i am liable to be made to eat my words after this Friday. :)

i'd love to see them finish second. There might be a chance tho a slim one..... Dun like sweden so go England!

Now that England win Argentina, I think they will go thru....

never believe in wat u hear, believe in wat u see, lol
England left last match with Nig
Argentina left with Sweden

possible Eng and Arg will go in

Eng 1 win 1 draw 4pt
Arg 1 win 1 lost 3pt
Sweden 1 win 1 draw 4pt
Nig 2 lost no point

eng will win nig in order to go 2nd round, even a draw let them move in. win 7 pt draw 5 pt

as for arg they need a win in order to get to 2nd round, a draw will let sweden go thru. win 6 pt draw 4 pt

Sweden die die wont let arg win or they wont make it in. win 7 pt draw 5 pt lost 4 pt

Nig is cfn out, and last match with eng, cfn in liao lor :D

i didnt support Eng at start, but money concern.... i win cos i buy eng haha

*STRIKE* SG pool
1x2
Arg 2.20
Draw 2.90
Eng 3.05 good buy hehe

There is still a possibility that England will go out.

England lose to Nigeria by 2 goals and Argentina draw with Sweden. Therefore, the points are as follows:

Sweden 5 points (1W2D0L)
Argentina 4 points (1W1D1L)
England 4 points (1W1D1L)
Nigeria 3 points (1W0D2L)

By virtue of the fact that Argentina will have a better goal difference will see them through. Not unless the stupid Uefa (Fifa ?) rule of having England beaten Argentina, therefore the goal difference rule does not count...... just like the European Cup recently.

In other words, England MUST still be on their guard against the Nigerian team and they must never be complacent.

Originally posted by NitroTech
Who thinks England will get knocked out in the 1st group phase....??

Me x 10!!!:devil:

.. here u go a nice big serve of humble pie .. enjoy your meal! :devil:

But England really played badly against Nigera. Seldom go forward and attack. Maybe they really going for the draw....

england's a bunch of popstars whose itinerary isn't at all football. The only reason they won argentina isn't becos they were better. Its only that Sven was tactically more shrewd compared to biesla.

Originally posted by Royzzz
But England really played badly against Nigera. Seldom go forward and attack. Maybe they really going for the draw....

Yeah I agree. But come to think of it, they are doing quite well despite beckham not playing at his best yet. Imagine what they can achieve when beckham is back at his best. Hopefully that will happen soon. :)

Originally posted by Ian

.. here u go a nice big serve of humble pie .. enjoy your meal! :devil:

Yeah. Got nothing to say.... They did really well in their match against Argentina. Think that was the turning point. :eek: After seeing them going thru the group of death, I hope they will go far. But my heart is secretly still with Italy and also Senegal. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by NitroTech

Yeah. Got nothing to say.... They did really well in their match against Argentina. Think that was the turning point. :eek: After seeing them going thru the group of death, I hope they will go far. But my heart is secretly still with Italy and also Senegal. :thumbsup:

Senegal may become the darkest of the dark horses. May even get a chance to get into the semis. But their performance against Uruguay is really a disappointment and forgetable.

Anyway why no one is noticing Germany? This is a good team that had not been noticed as yet. Spain is also doin very well.

Originally posted by Royzzz

Yep, looked and smelled like a 'containment' match where England were expending the minimum of energy required to hold Nigeria to a nil all draw which makes sense given the number of teams who played hell for leather football in the past couple of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.