Who still shoot Slide Film here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
tommon said:
I'm game, still a strongly commited film user. Slide is still number 1. Don't own any Digicam only use them at work. Nikon systems only please

Hey? I thought you said that you shoot largeformat trannies? Now which is it? Nikon systems ONLY!? :bsmilie:

theITguy said:
Some prices I knew recently:

The only way to print slides now in Singapore is through scanning on machines and printed digitally. The cheapest for 4R is at Grace, but at KT Imaging it is about 60cents. But if I really want to print a nice picture from slide it will be scanned using a higher end scanner or drum scan, probably a few bucls to scan and print 4R. There is no way to print slides direct from the slide to the paper in Singapore now, sad to say.

are you also saying that before scanners were available there was no way u can print slides onto paper?

aimlessfool said:
are you also saying that before scanners were available there was no way u can print slides onto paper?

Can, but that is a very expensive method, requiring something like having to shoot an interpostive-negative thingy...or something like that...before you can print it out.

Even then, the final print does not look as nice as the real thing because of the increased contrast and saturation.

There is a way, I forgotten the name, to print direct from slides to paper, just like how in the past negatives are printed in darkrooms to paper directly. Internegative is another method, which is still available according to Joanne from Stanley Lim Colour Centre. Internegative is duplicating the slide image to the negative and print out from the negative. The third and my last known way is the modern scanning to computer and print digitally.

Anyway student, this thread is meant for people to vote (if they can vote) and give opinions they would like to share. I would greatly appreciate you stop all these questioning directed to anybody that is not for us to bother with. I myself believe that 100% of the time no one is telling the truth online. Do I have to tell off everyone? I cannot be bothered. Case end.

Christopher

theITguy said:
Anyway student, this thread is meant for people to vote (if they can vote) and give opinions they would like to share. I would greatly appreciate you stop all these questioning directed to anybody that is not for us to bother with. I myself believe that 100% of the time no one is telling the truth online. Do I have to tell off everyone? I cannot be bothered. Case end.

Sorry to be out of topic. I apologise. But if you look at the posts here, many are not about voting. Some like your own talk about cost of films. Other talk about digital cameras.

I had written regarding tommon's comments, because in another thread he clearly mentioned that he shot largeformat trannies. Now asking a clarification about what he actually is shooting is certainly more relevant than talking about cost of some films! Because if he did shoot largeformat trannys, it would be wonderful for him to show! Large format trannies are beautiful!

Regarding your comment that "100% of the time no one is telling the truth online". Well, this is indeed a serious accusation, that people who write online are liars! I suppose it means that you do not mean what you wrote, that 100% of what you wrote are not true! So what is the point of seeing the votes if they are lies! So is your proposition to have a meeting for trannies real or fiction? I had wanted to join this meeting to show black & white trannies. I am quite sure very few people had seen black & whites from Agfa scala. But since you wrote that 100% of the time no one is telling the truth, I am not sure anyone will be there at the meeting!

Sign off.

I

Hi student,

The "100%" thing, means you can take their word for it, but not forever. Just like meeting up, you can trust a stranger to meet at this place, but not forever. But personally, I do take online chats with caution, as I do have extremely bad experience with people (it is about money, dun think too much ;) ).

Anyway, I will be glad to invite you over to the gathering of such, if you trust me enough. Or alternatively, I do want to see your B&W Slides, if can show me at your convenient also can :sweat:

Christopher

yes i shoot kodachrome 64 or 200 bought abroad as no one stocks it here anymore. i use a leica M system and project the slides onto a screen measuring 1.5 by 2 m[ mainly travel and landscape ]and the images are gorgeous. the colour clarity and sharpness i believe beat any digital projection of that size hands down

gtan said:
...the colour clarity and sharpness i believe beat any digital projection of that size hands down

Digital LCD projectors don't have that wide a gamut and as high a resolution compared to slides...keke...it's comparing apples to orange...

Where can I get sensia 100 at good price in singapore? where? how much?

whoelse said:
Where can I get sensia 100 at good price in singapore? where? how much?

Get the trial pack?

I remember Konota used to have some trial packs... go check out?

Trot said:
I remember Konota used to have some trial packs... go check out?

How much are the trial packs? Want to get a few rolls myself.

Ya, wonderful qualities evident when you project a slide say, Velvia 50 (still available?) or Velvia 100 with a Leica Projector using a Super ColourPlan projection lens. Or look at a slide taken with Hasselbald. It is nice.

Ricohflex? humm... do u own a ricoh cam? :)

Any idea if RUby has increased the deveopment price for slide? I asked before CNY and according to them, the price will be $5+ or $6 after CNY?

Anyone? If the price has increased, I would send my slides to "RGB" (still prefer to call it so :dunno: )

Thanks everyone!

I just send in one roll on Sat, but never ask price (assuming to be $4.20). Let you know on your mobile lah. But I guess should still be the same.

I sent mine to Fotohub (RGB) in the afternoon. collecting later. $6.30

No plan of promotion yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.