Who should give way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yappy

May 30, 2004
I was caught in a jam at the multi-s carpark at Jurong East(next to NTUC super market).

many cars were moving into the carpark but I did not see car moving out.

Should the car moving into the carpark giveway to the car leaving the carpark?

logically i think the car moving into the car park should give way to let the cars inside come out.

if you dont let the cars come out how are you going to go in? it will be total mayhem.

same applies for passengers in the trains. let passengers out first so that passengers can board.

If the car park is packed, how will any car move? Logically you should let cars out to make room for people coming in... And yeah, same applies for MRT... let people off first.

when car park is full, causing jam to main road turning into the car park, than the right of way goes to those going out.

when a cup if full, how to pour in more water without emptying it first?

insisting the main road turning into the car park as stated by the law doesnt help, it only create even longer jam along the main road.

Last edited:
This jam happens at this multi-storey carpark. Was caught in it before. Design problem. I was also wondering how are those people going to come in if they are blocking the way out. It is also because of the kiasu mentality.

same ridiculous situations happens at primary schools too ........ every morning and evening

I was caught in a jam at the multi-s carpark at Jurong East(next to NTUC super market).

let's see.. logical sense dictates that

if no cars come out, the jam will worsen.

hence, the cars moving into the carpark should give way to the cars going out so that they have more space.

same ridiculous situations happens at primary schools too ........ every morning and evening

i think we should do away with primary schools. :dunno:

a good carpark design is the way to go. so far, of the many carparks i've visited, Harbour Front is still a favorite. it's very spacious and the entrance and exit are of different locations. IKEA Tampines is also another favorite.

the worst from my experience is Plaza Singapura. stupid design and very cramped up.

i think sometimes u are already caught in the queue.... cant really see whats happening ahead, just follow the car in front...

...??? U get yourself into more jam.

I stopped at the junction to allow cars to move out.. but those behind me get impatience and started to sound their horns...:dunno:

One solution is to install traffic light to regulate the flow.. possible?

I think the garmen should give more way (i.e. better designed carparks, more space) for drivers in order to avoid such inconveniences in future. But knowing how our system works, you will probably see a paying gantry instead. Money will solve all your problems.

...??? U get yourself into more jam.

I stopped at the junction to allow cars to move out.. but those behind me get impatience and started to sound their horns...:dunno:

One solution is to install traffic light to regulate the flow.. possible?
you are doing the right thing, and it also good for everybody, why you care about those idiots sounding horns behind you?

Going by what I have learnt from the Highway Code, cars joining the 'main' road (in this case those going out of carpark) should give way as they are joining the 'main' road. I bet there is a stop sign at the exit of the carpark.

But then again traffic jams in Singapore are common sight. I would avoid such places, it is just not worth the time.

Last edited:
I think the garmen should give more way (i.e. better designed carparks, more space) for drivers in order to avoid such inconveniences in future. But knowing how our system works, you will probably see a paying gantry instead. Money will solve all your problems.

Just for the info for everybody, it has a paying gantry. Too many cars on the road.:dunno:

you are doing the right thing, and it also good for everybody, why you care about those idiots sounding horns behind you?

It is the mindset of the drivers. They just dont understand ...:dunno::dunno::dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.