Status
Not open for further replies.

dundee

Sep 12, 2004
Please own up.....

1. Dundee - average break = 20 points

*raise hands*

average break 20-30, 1/2 century rarely

Used to play very often, then my friends got girlfriends, then seldom go out to play already :D

4 players owned up already.

1. Dundee (high break 40)
2. W.S
3. Aton (high break - 50)
4. espn

Wondering where do you find a nice place to play and to chill out? I used to hang out at Toa Payoh Safra. Find it quite ok with the renovation last year.

12805PICT0011_600_x_450_.jpg

Wah you all damn chun! Me get 5-10 points break, very happy already :D You guys got your own personal cue? If have, tell me more bout it.
I normally play at West Coast RC and Pot Black. Tried the new SAFRA Mount Faber, new tables!!

kallang and concourse have nice tables (at least tht's the impression i got last time).

Used to play everyday during school holiday break. Now occasionally play at Pro-snooker in Katong SC. They got very nice tables, cosy environment and best still, strictly NO smoking.

I used to play at Balestier there, with my friend, cos that's the only place he knows how to go (ok, don't blast me on this, it's true, he didn't watch a movie in a cinema before till yr 2000, so...)

After that, I played frequently at Marina Square, superbowl, tables are still ok.

Played at Singtel Academy also, had a friend signed us in. :)

And yes, I still have my personal cue, personal chalk :)

me used to play 4-5 times a week. average abt 30 dropped to 1 per every 5 tries :bsmilie:

pai seh, pai seh...

afbug said:
12805PICT0011_600_x_450_.jpg

Wah you all damn chun! Me get 5-10 points break, very happy already :D You guys got your own personal cue? If have, tell me more bout it.
I normally play at West Coast RC and Pot Black. Tried the new SAFRA Mount Faber, new tables!!

Used to play at pot black... sometimes WEst Coast RC also, as near my place.
Highest break.. can't rem, but prob around 30-40?

mebbe we should meet up and play sometime...

Wait... play billard or play cameras ? :bsmilie:

both? i play u shoot, u play i shoot :p

nemesis32 said:
Used to play at pot black... sometimes WEst Coast RC also, as near my place.
Highest break.. can't rem, but prob around 30-40?

You still play at Pot Black or West Coast often? I might be going to WCRC tonight :)

w.s said:
both? i play u shoot, u play i shoot :p

Wah! you play him, then he play you and both shoot? :nono: :bsmilie:

ThomasD said:
Used to play everyday during school holiday break. Now occasionally play at Pro-snooker in Katong SC. They got very nice tables, cosy environment and best still, strictly NO smoking.

Agree, best public snooker saloon. I play there also. got a locker there that's y.

Snooker is similar to golf, only the player can appreciate the game. I have played for around 11 years. PRO snooker used to be at the Leisure Park, but business have been affected by the road and mrt constuction, that why they shifted to Katong Shopping Centre. The rental at leisure park was about $25k/mth.

So they shifted to Katong. The owner really understand what the player wants, the table and cushion are in very good condition. have different rate.

Aton said:
Agree, best public snooker saloon. I play there also. got a locker there that's y.

Snooker is similar to golf, only the player can appreciate the game. I have played for around 11 years. PRO snooker used to be at the Leisure Park, but business have been affected by the road and mrt constuction, that why they shifted to Katong Shopping Centre. The rental at leisure park was about $25k/mth.

So they shifted to Katong. The owner really understand what the player wants, the table and cushion are in very good condition. have different rate.

That remind me of a place called "Auckland Recreation Club". Was located at Katong SC in the past. A cosy place to visit, nice ambience and tables are quite new. Business was good. the place can house about 40 tables and every weekends the tables were all fully taken up. Waiting list were usuaully at least 10 names long. After so many years, I still miss that place. :cry:

kop said:
That remind me of a place called "Auckland Recreation Club". Was located at Katong SC in the past. A cosy place to visit, nice ambience and tables are quite new. Business was good. the place can house about 40 tables and every weekends the tables were all fully taken up. Waiting list were usuaully at least 10 names long. After so many years, I still miss that place. :cry:

I believe you are saying the one in Katong Mall, Basement 2. its called Oakland, 47 tables if i'm not wrong, closed down about 10 years ago. Last time have Green man, Greenwood, Tay Ban Guan, The Arcradia, Colour Ball, Rayman, Archery. Etc, Katong at one time have more than 10 snooker saloon, less than 5mins walk away, but all closed down already.

Now katong area only have PRO Snooker, East Coast is the East Coast Recreational Club(ERC), MecMaster. West Coast is WRC. Supercue at M. Sq & M south is poor compare to PRO. I have been to many saloons, PRO is the best I've been to, of course the price is slightly higher than some. but much more value for $ when compare to SuperCue at M Sq, over $10 plus/hr with torn cushion, the quality of table and cushion also sub-standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.