who plays remote control car here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

horizoner

Deregistered
May 30, 2003
Visit site
hi everyone,

been thinking of going into this hobby all these while .. so trying to find similar kakis here

:)

I do. What do you want to start with? You have the Super 10, the 1/10 and then the 1/8. Onroad or offroad. You will need to decide and then concentrate on it. There is a race track at ECP near the PA campsite which is quite interesting. I plan to go there on 7th but not to race. I want to shoot some photos of the race.

hehe........interesting but expensive hobby even for a 1/24 scale car.....

i just got a 2nd hand nitro 1/10 ... had some fun till it crashed against a multi story carpark wall at almost full speed .. haha ... luckily managed to revive it.

going to try at the PA opp national stadium. heard quite a few play there.

Me!!! I used to be a RC siao. Now they're all collecting dust. Have an MP-6 International, Monster Pirate and a Beetle QRC now. Dabbled with on-road with a Picco Intergra 1/10 but sold it. RC is not quite expensive compared to photography actually.

Kit said:
Me!!! I used to be a RC siao. Now they're all collecting dust. Have an MP-6 International, Monster Pirate and a Beetle QRC now. Dabbled with on-road with a Picco Intergra 1/10 but sold it. RC is not quite expensive compared to photography actually.

well ... if u buy many many cars ... many many accesories, then it's more ex than photography :bsmilie:

Kit said:

Heheh Winnie must be berry happy with a customer like u :D

Hey Kit. I didn't know you are into RC cars man. Cool. Just like you I have a Picco 1/10 and 1/8. A Pirate 1/8 off-road, a Mugen MRX2, a Serpent Vetra and finally a Kyosho Super 10. And just like you mine are gathering dust as well. Used to have a lot of free time playing it but now time seems to slip away hehe. And yes it is an expensive hobby if you have many cars. Just like photography, once addicted only...liao! You know I have been thinking of selling off some of my cars but somehhow got too attached to it. Winnie always got a big smile when I walk into her shop for parts....if you know what I mean. There is nothing like the smell of nitro and burning rubber on the asphalt to start the day eh. Anyway nice to know you guys. Cheers.

jbma said:
Hey Kit. I didn't know you are into RC cars man. Cool. Just like you I have a Picco 1/10 and 1/8. A Pirate 1/8 off-road, a Mugen MRX2, a Serpent Vetra and finally a Kyosho Super 10. And just like you mine are gathering dust as well. Used to have a lot of free time playing it but now time seems to slip away hehe. And yes it is an expensive hobby if you have many cars. Just like photography, once addicted only...liao! You know I have been thinking of selling off some of my cars but somehhow got too attached to it. Winnie always got a big smile when I walk into her shop for parts....if you know what I mean. There is nothing like the smell of nitro and burning rubber on the asphalt to start the day eh. Anyway nice to know you guys. Cheers.

She smiles to everyone. :D

I was once tempted to get a Vector from Sam but decided to stay off-road instead. I do use his RB engines though and yes, I do get high smelling nitro burning. :D Me never thought of selling my cars. I installed new parts on the MP-6 just before I kept it away and went overseas a few years ago. Now its looks new cept for the dust and some grease and the chassis doesn't have a single scratch!!! Would love to get a Super 10 if I ever play cars again. ;p

Me too. I get my stuff from Ben, Winnie and Sam. I got my RB from Sam. Damn good engine I tell you. I even have a Colari which I dare not use. Only run in and test a few laps. Very fast. You know what, I bought a Super 10 for about 600 bucks and spend more than that modifying it, chasis engines, swing arm...the works. I think there will be an off-road race in JB soon. Not sure about the date though. Would be interesting to go there and get some shots of the race. Wheee.

ermm ... what's this winnie and sam thingy abt? :dunno:

jbma said:
Me too. I get my stuff from Ben, Winnie and Sam. I got my RB from Sam. Damn good engine I tell you. I even have a Colari which I dare not use. Only run in and test a few laps. Very fast. You know what, I bought a Super 10 for about 600 bucks and spend more than that modifying it, chasis engines, swing arm...the works. I think there will be an off-road race in JB soon. Not sure about the date though. Would be interesting to go there and get some shots of the race. Wheee.

I ran 2 RBs. An S7 and a WS7. The S7 is near the end of its life though, after 5 gallons. Same with my MP-6, I started with a regular car and modified it to international specs and it also costs more than the car itself. Should have gotten the international kit in the first place.

horizoner said:
ermm ... what's this winnie and sam thingy abt? :dunno:

Winnie, Sam and Ben run hobby shops.

Winnie runs Swan on Orchard, next to Meridian.
Sam runs HobbyLink in Far East shopping centre.
Ben runs HobbyBug in Marina South.

Kit said:
Winnie, Sam and Ben run hobby shops.

Winnie runs Swan on Orchard, next to Meridian.
Sam runs HobbyLink in Far East shopping centre.
Ben runs HobbyBug in Marina South.

haha .. i c .. thanks :) heard there is one shop call toykar at bt timah plaza.

horizoner said:
haha .. i c .. thanks :) heard there is one shop call toykar at bt timah plaza.

Ah yes Toykar. That's just 10 mins walk from my place. They're the distributor for Kyosho in Singapore. They also have Thunder Tiger and some other stuff. Their shop in Bukit Timah is actually their showroom and office but they do sell stuff to walk in customers as well.

Kit said:
Ah yes Toykar. That's just 10 mins walk from my place. They're the distributor for Kyosho in Singapore. They also have Thunder Tiger and some other stuff. Their shop in Bukit Timah is actually their showroom and office but they do sell stuff to walk in customers as well.

it isn't too far from my place too .. currenty hv a kyosho vr 1 ...

perhaps if u guys r keen then can come out for a "race" at some multi story carpark :)

horizoner said:
it isn't too far from my place too .. currenty hv a kyosho vr 1 ...

perhaps if u guys r keen then can come out for a "race" at some multi story carpark :)

Got to check if engines still can start, controller, transmitter, servos, etc still can work or not..... :sweat: :embrass:

Kit said:
Got to check if engines still can start, controller, transmitter, servos, etc still can work or not..... :sweat: :embrass:

and still got any more fuel left! hahaha ..

Status
Not open for further replies.