Who needs "Expensive" when...

Status
Not open for further replies.

faisalee

Feb 16, 2005
Planet Earth
www.flickriver.com
You can do all this with some skill

Totally inspiring and mind blowing work by this guy!

Imagine Kit Lens & Sig 17-70 :sweat:

Good lenses are not every thing... My LBA seems to have cured after seeing this (but not for long :bsmilie:)

Good lenses are not every thing... My LBA seems to have cured after seeing this (but not for long :bsmilie:)

ahhh, but equipment is not everything, but it can limit you.

for example, i cannot imagine trying to use the kit lens to shoot macro :sweat:

so it is both.. but i would say equipment is probably not as important as people make it out to be. those images are beautiful though! :)

You can do all this with some skill

Totally inspiring and mind blowing work by this guy!

Imagine Kit Lens & Sig 17-70 :sweat:

:bsmilie:U looking too far liao. We have 1 local talent who can do magic with the kit lens. Am I right nightmare bro?;)

IMHO, in digital photography, it's no longer just about photography itself, but how well u can present ur photo to others.

It's just like when MF switch to AF, some then said MF is better, sharper more accurate, but yrs down, there're only a handful who stick with MF user over AF. Not saying MF is wrong or anything I personally enjoy MF when given the chance. But it's more of following the flow.

So for now, ppl who knows how to PP their photos well tends to stand out more;)

Equipment is important but we shouldn't try to be too hung up on gear (words from a guy who maybe has too much gear :bsmilie:). If put in another context, if I had a chance to meet a famous or successful writer like J K Rowling (of Harry Potter fame), I certainly won't be asking her what brand of typewriter or personal computer she's using.

Photography is and always will be a combination of Theory, Application and Practice.

In the old days most SLR users only have one or two lenses at most: a 50mm and a 28 or 135mm. But we've seen many wonderful photos from those days. Nowadays we taking photos for fun, and it's two part thing: the photo and the gear. Some like to take photos more, and some like to play photo gear more. There is nothing wrong w/ either type of people.

I myself kinda like playing photo gear more than taking photos, and actually I don't really have much time taking photos other than my kids. Sometimes I kinda feel ashamed about myself for owning some best gear but my photos are pretty lousy :embrass: That's why I don't share much of my work (most of them are just snaps).

These photos do make me think more about all the LBA thing. Probably I should sell off all my star or limited lenses, and just stick to a kit lens ... But that can't guarantee I'd take similar quality photos either :confused:

So I better don't look at those photos but my kids and my gear instead :bsmilie:

haha... :bsmilie:

Great set of replies already :p

Agree... of course kit lens cannot do macro... and all but just saying what ppl can achieve with some post processing / techinque and imagination (and the ND filter of course :bsmilie: )

Ok my LBA cure is over... now lets think about getting a good fast zoom, Tamron 70-200 f2.8 may be :bsmilie:

In the old days most SLR users only have one or two lenses at most: a 50mm and a 28 or 135mm. But we've seen many wonderful photos from those days. Nowadays we taking photos for fun, and it's two part thing: the photo and the gear. Some like to take photos more, and some like to play photo gear more. There is nothing wrong w/ either type of people.

I myself kinda like playing photo gear more than taking photos, and actually I don't really have much time taking photos other than my kids. Sometimes I kinda feel ashamed about myself for owning some best gear but my photos are pretty lousy :embrass: That's why I don't share much of my work (most of them are just snaps).

These photos do make me think more about all the LBA thing. Probably I should sell off all my star or limited lenses, and just stick to a kit lens ... But that can't guarantee I'd take similar quality photos either :confused:

So I better don't look at those photos but my kids and my gear instead :bsmilie:

Come on bro! you are too humble in my humble openion :bsmilie:

I have been admired the photos you posted for many years even when I had a D50 long long time ago! Basically it was your work especially with the 77 FA 1.8 Lt that pulled me into Pentax :thumbsup:

Equipment is important but we shouldn't try to be too hung up on gear (words from a guy who maybe has too much gear :bsmilie:). If put in another context, if I had a chance to meet a famous or successful writer like J K Rowling (of Harry Potter fame), I certainly won't be asking her what brand of typewriter or personal computer she's using.

Photography is and always will be a combination of Theory, Application and Practice.

Right on bro!

By the way you still selling your 16-45 I kinda want/need it :bsmilie:

I dun think you can cure your LBA or CBA:bsmilie:

I know this fact long ago, but still cannot resist LBA & CBA.

Now I have 5 pentax cameras in my dry cabi.:sweat:

Now I have 5 pentax cameras in my dry cabi.

Basically this fact is the first thing any one should know even before going out to buy a point n shoot camera :bsmilie: Of course I know it already... ;)

5 pentax cameras :bigeyes: Thats kool man :angel:

For me 50% of the fun comes from playing with gear, and 50% of it from taking photos.;p
It's just a relaxing hobby for me without any commercial intention, and as long as I enjoy taking photos with whatever gear I can afford, I'll continue as is. Apart from the obvious lack of skill, my main constraint is time...I get only 2 days - Sat and Sun in a week for taking photos.:(

Now I have 5 pentax cameras in my dry cabi.:sweat:

Given my current time constrained situation, sometimes, I am tempted to sell off all the Pentax gear, just get a Canon G9 and be 'happy'. But the problem is, I know I will not be 'happy', and will soon regret my actions.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.