who is th e best b/w master in singapore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikonpicture

Jan 21, 2006
hi everyone, pro and non-pro.

where is th e best place ot learn photoraphy?:cool:

safra, PSS, etc.

but hwere is the best place to master b/w?:angel:

who is th ebest b/w master in Singapore? no one?:dunno:

the best BnW master are not out teaching classes.... they are working profesional and now shooting digital...

zekai said:
the best BnW master are not out teaching classes.... they are working profesional and now shooting digital...

Then can you call them "best" B&W masters?

zekai said:

I beg to differ. :nono:

Best NOT = Pro

I have seen many amateurs in Singapore whose works are better than any pros hands down.

Being a professional simply means you make a living with Photography. As such you are expected to be up to a certain acceptable standard.

I have seen works by non-professional photographers, ie, hobbyists, whose quality of work is much better than any pros I have seen.

nikonpicture,

Why are you so concerned about "the best"? Learn the basics first, and you can learn them well both at SAFRA PC or PSS. When you have mastered the basics, then you will know who are the best.

Ansel said:
nikonpicture,

Why are you so concerned about "the best"? Learn the basics first, and you can learn them well both at SAFRA PC or PSS. When you have mastered the basics, then you will know who are the best.

He has another thread. http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=174394
Why are you so concern about the best this or the best that?

a. Depends what you want to learn.

b. Who knows?

c. How would you expect everyone to agree?

I don't think you could find agreement, I say X is best, he says Y is best, who knows who is reaaly "best"?

Wai Leong
===
nikonpicture said:
where is th e best place ot learn photoraphy? safra, PSS, etc.

but hwere is the best place to master b/w?

who is th ebest b/w master in Singapore? no one?:dunno:

To be clearer, i meant the whole process including printing.

Also i believe we may tend to have different opinions.

Like those kongfu masters. Good ones are all up in the mountains and rarely come out from their caves.

zekai said:
To be clearer, i meant the whole process including printing.

Also i believe we may tend to have different opinions.

Of course there will always be different opinions on who is the "best" B&W master.

Is Russell Wong a B&W master? But he does not do his printing!

Is Desmond Wong(?) (who prints for Russell) a B&W master? But then he does not photograph. Well not photograph "seriously", to my knowledge.

student said:
Of course there will always be different opinions on who is the "best" B&W master.

Is Russell Wong a B&W master? But he does not do his printing!

Is Desmond Wong(?) (who prints for Russell) a B&W master? But then he does not photograph. Well not photograph "seriously", to my knowledge.

yeah, but i know who does his (russell) printing in the past and shoot professionally ... and no he is not desmond wong... and he is very good.

Is there such term as a best B/W master? Likewise for all kinds of art, each has his/her own style.

some might prefer their BW to be darker, some more contrasty, etc... Therefore they use different brand/types of chemicals to produce the result they deem is best.

It all boils down to personal preference. :think:

If you attend any courses to learn darkroom processing/printing, they can only teach you the basic, and after that you're more or less on your own to do your exploration.

tq everyone.

a master told me it is ot easy to do b/w.

you need studio, darkroom, do your own printing etc......

worst than NS.

ok, maybe we can do b/w together.???:)

nikonpicture said:
a master told me it is ot easy to do b/w.

you need studio, darkroom, do your own printing etc......

Actually, you don't need a master to tell you it is not easy to B&W.

Anybody who dabbles with B&W can tell you. Even a novice who had just attended a basic course in B&W photograpgy.

ken seet

Clown said:

Ken Seet is good. But I do not think his B&W traditonal printing is the "best".

there is no 'best' in anything, including B&W . it's all subjective. it depends on what your perception is, the filters u have developed thru your life.

No real point in who is best. A master printer will adjust the workflow to suite the client & or needs of the neg and not the other way around. It is also difficult to say who is exactly the best even at 1 point in time - note that with more experience the ability to print increases.There are people who are master printers but do not take in outside work or teach. Learn the basics - practice intelligently, keep learning if there is enough passion and talent you will get better. The passion and the need to learn will bring people who can teach you if you listen to their lesson. When you are ready - a simple cople of sentences advice can unlock a whole book's worth of information. If there is passion without talent - you may get better but slower. If there is no passion - watch TV is better for you - cheaper & less frusrating too. No one can make you great its not like some internal strength transfer process ala KFS (kung fu show).

Status
Not open for further replies.