Who is learning driving now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yesterday afternoon i unknowingly drove at 120km/h for some distance on KJE. :dunno:

evidence for TP liao, ur licence will be revoke. ;p

guys ah...need yr advice. i am going overseas for studies next feb for the whole year then come back. would it be practical to learn driving now ( not working, nt studying) full time ?

90km/h? Nothing la. Try to sit inside one with 110km/h :eek: Of course not driven by me la. ;p

110 and you 'woah'?

i dont mean to boast and i want to confess my driving sucks.
but the fastest i've driven in singapore was near 180.:sweatsm:

questions

1)if one holds a license for auto cars only, in the future if he/she wants to convert to manual, will he/she have to go through the entire driving lessons all over again?

2)how different does the auto driving license look compared to those who pass using manual?

3)is it any cheaper opting for auto trans license?

4)do they still tap the dashboard for you to EBRAKE nowadays during the test?man...i just hate that.i was so gan jiong last time and i was like trying to keep my eyes on the road on one hand and trying to catch a glimpse of the instructor's hand on the other.:sweatsm:

1. have to complete all pre-requisites before allowed to take manual transmission car TP test (i think can take a few lessons to cover the topics on the clutch)
2. class 3A
3. almost the same cost
4. during practice only encountered twice, and during TP, no. Depends.

For those going for TP soon:

For E-brake, during TP, will only happen in the circuit. so just remember and alert for that short period while driving on straight road in the circuirt. also look at your rear view mirror and see if any other cars or not. if yes, most likely the TP won't do the e-brake. remember after e-brake, signal right, check mirrors, blind spot, and move off when safe.

like wat megaweb posted, blindspot checking is most important. during driving on road, show the TP that you are observing safety for pedestrians too, especially when encounter pedestrian crossings. pass every junctions, look out for traffic. don't drive too slow, follow the flow of traffic. overtake when required automatically, no need to ask. show TP that you're in control of the car.

questions

1)if one holds a license for auto cars only, in the future if he/she wants to convert to manual, will he/she have to go through the entire driving lessons all over again?

2)how different does the auto driving license look compared to those who pass using manual?

4)do they still tap the dashboard for you to EBRAKE nowadays during the test?man...i just hate that.i was so gan jiong last time and i was like trying to keep my eyes on the road on one hand and trying to catch a glimpse of the instructor's hand on the other.:sweatsm:

you may want to start now? all in all, it takes about 4 mths or less if you don't drag.

guys ah...need yr advice. i am going overseas for studies next feb for the whole year then come back. would it be practical to learn driving now ( not working, nt studying) full time ?

110 and you 'woah'?

i dont mean to boast and i want to confess my driving sucks.
but the fastest i've driven in singapore was near 180.:sweatsm:

hao lian... try driving a 1000cc with 110 and feel the diff between a 3l at 110, world of difference, maybe he sat on 1 with 1l and was shaking so badly... :bsmilie:

anything 2l and above, 180 is nothing...

questions

u definitely older than me man...

my time, took at 1998 (below 20 at that time) or something... already no test tis kinda ebrake liao... :think:

hao lian... try driving a 1000cc with 110 and feel the diff between a 3l at 110, world of difference, maybe he sat on 1 with 1l and was shaking so badly... :bsmilie:

anything 2l and above, 180 is nothing...

sharing =hao lian ah?

if i want to haolian, maybe i should tell you my sepang timing.:sweatsm::sticktong:sticktong

saying 180 is nothing is even more haolian.
try slamming into a tree/wall at 80km/h without seatbelt.

180 and if your wheels aint aligned, your steering jerks like when you look at br**'s pics.

ok...
just kiddin:sweatsm:

u definitely older than me man...

my time, took at 1998 (below 20 at that time) or something... already no test tis kinda ebrake liao... :think:

what makes you think i'm younger than you?

i saw your picture before lah didi...
you are way younger than me.:)

90km/h? Nothing la. Try to sit inside one with 110km/h :eek: Of course not driven by me la. ;p

Tat was my old cruising speed... :sweat::bsmilie:

questions

2) Actually auto license may be cheaper as you may take less lessons than a manual car for those who are not good at clutch control... I've heard from my instructor that some take up to 5 lessons before they actually go out on the road (pte training)

4) Yes, but seems like they will only do it in the circuit now, road is too risky.

hmm.. Ebraking in manual car is a little trickier.. must jam brake and clutch in. on auto car, no need to care.. just jam hard hard on the brake and the ABS will kick in. :bsmilie: very fun..

hmm.. Ebraking in manual car is a little trickier.. must jam brake and clutch in. on auto car, no need to care.. just jam hard hard on the brake and the ABS will kick in. :bsmilie: very fun..

you want fun?join defensive driving courses.
BMW driver training is good.

auto car no need to care?you HAVE to care.if you have one moron tailgating you and you just slam on the brakes, it's a phenomenon known as rear-ended.:bsmilie:

you want fun?join defensive driving courses.
BMW driver training is good.

auto car no need to care?you HAVE to care.if you have one moron tailgating you and you just slam on the brakes, it's a phenomenon known as rear-ended.:bsmilie:

no $$ to join lol.. licence also dun have yet. in the circuit den no need to care mah.. tester/instructor will see long long make sure no car near behind den slam dashboard. :D

besides if he rear end me, he's probably tailgating.. :nono: 2 sec time gap should have enough time to react to car in front doing E-brake.

I not impress by the speed set by whoever down here but pls remember that there are other road users and you might killing someone else life instead.

I was inside that car with another 4 ppl in a 2l car. If he out of control, that's for all of us. I can out race my colleagues (even before having a licence) in NFS game but in real life, I not a speed demon.

Virtual and real world are different. I can speed all I want in game but on road, exceeding speed limit is a :nono:. Drive with care, pls be considerate. (Wait I chiong over 200km/h at LCK area. ;p)

questions

If I don't remember wrongly, I think there is a conversion to go through, no need to take theory again but must go through the practical test again.

I think no difference. Under the classes just show 3A instead of 3, and description defines as a clutchless vehicle.

I think it should be because it's easier to master the control of the car and can concentrate on learning the traffic situations, so I think need less lessons.

Yes, they still do, depending on what time you take the test. Some testers will tell you that but they don't tap. Walao.. just listen to the 'piak' sound and react lah.. ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.