Not open for further replies.

whoelse

Oct 17, 2003
Is economy getting better? :p

mervlam said:
How about "No, I'm a student" AND "No, I'm working"? :blah:
How to add new items to the poll leh?

Hi,
I am going to graduate soon but I am rather worried that I'll not be able to find a job. Sigh...

So just asking all the working professionals out there, how is the job market in Singapore? Isizt really getting better like what all the news and ministers say?

Regards,
-Michelle- :D

If you dun mind to be a part time model, I think plenty of CSers here dun mind paying you for assignments :-D

whoelse said:
If you dun mind to be a part time model, I think plenty of CSers here dun mind paying you for assignments :-D
Hahahaha... :bsmilie:

Don't know if this thread is refering to me but once you see me, you will know I cannot make it for any roles in front of the camera.

Prefer to stay behind the camera. ;)

Regards,

Not true u see, unless it's glamourous photogtraphy otherwise portrait is abt how you bring out the character/charm of the person + setup, lighting etc and more. Even A-B-N-N, ah soh, ah pek can be an award winner portrait subject too ;)

Jobless bloke here volunteers to hold up reflective sheets for CSers

hptay said:
Jobless bloke here volunteers to hold up reflective sheets for CSers
I don't mind doing that. :)

Regards,

Volunteers? :-O Meaning FOC? Can I book u 2? Haha, not bad got babe and machoman going around like bouncher and bodyguard? Just kidding :D

whoelse said:
Volunteers? :-O Meaning FOC? Can I book u 2? Haha, not bad got babe and machoman going around like bouncher and bodyguard? Just kidding :D

Onz...
just OM me when u need.. haha :)
seriously, wouldnt mind taggin along for shoot n helping out in exchange for knowledge :think:

hptay said:
Onz...
seriously, wouldnt mind taggin along for shoot n helping out in exchange for knowledge :think:

there is few of us use to meet for kopi or shooting, make friends lor. esp for ppl are free most of the time hehe.
We even went to cheong jungle.

hptay said:
Onz...
Hi,
Yeah same here. You need any PAs, let me know. :)

Regards,

mich_2103 said:
Hi,
Yeah same here. You need any PAs, let me know. :)

Regards,
let's all be PAs to each other (^_^)

whoelse said:
let's all be PAs to each other (^_^)

hee hee ^_^~ u all go chiong jungle ah! must train up den can be PA for u .. else if lagg behind ah.. sure kena fired as PA one... ho ho ho :bigeyes:

whoelse said:
Is economy getting better? :p

Don't know about Singapore. But in Down-under here some sections are tough going and some sections are doing fairly well.

I happen to be in one of the bad sectors in which the job prospects are not looking good. You may get a job in it but pay is lesser and demands are more. A few friends are facing prospects of long-termed unemployement and we are hanging on with pay cut.

I guess it's wiser to acquire multi-skills with an eye on the crystal ball as to which sectors of economy are on the upsurge. Another thing is not to discount self-employment. There is no one to fire you except yourself. And the earlier you start the more time you have for the business to establish.

It's a tough world. Lets' hope out of the unemployed, there might be one or two Singapore's next red hot top fashion models raising from them.

Hope to hear more views especially from those 30 something "mature" and established members of CS community on this.

I waited almost 6mnths before i got an interview, and just got the offer after waiting for 2 weeks. Judging from the thickness of the RECRUIT section, there are more jobs out there, but don't expect things to get better.
While there are more jobs available, there are also more people who are applying for those jobs (new grads & people who have decided to start looking again). Unfortunate, but this is the way the economy works. Unemployment rates are only calculated based on those who are IN the workforce, but have no employment. People who have given up looking, or have decided to run their own businesses (temporarily or otherwise) are no longer part of the equation.

I just got one thing to say...

IT IS DARN SCARY.

For me, I have been on extended MC and to some extent, I feel as though I am only employed based by association.

To some degree, I do feel unemployed too.

whoelse said:
there is few of us use to meet for kopi or shooting, make friends lor. esp for ppl are free most of the time hehe.
We even went to cheong jungle.
It seems like there are "free" people around and maybe should meet once a week or fortnightly to practise shooting and discuss things / exchange notes and experiences in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.