Who is Harry Potter fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry Potter said:
Book 6 is coming 16 July 2005 :thumbsup:

Who has pre-ordered. Cannot wait to read mine!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0439784549/harrypotterau-20/104-4462726-8013532
I'm a Harry Potter avid reader. I can't wait for the release too! :)

But this time, I'm gonna wait for a while. I prefer the Scholastic version. Their book covers are much nicer.

I heard for the latest book, the author killed off Hagrid.

Regards,
-Michelle- :D

mich_2103 said:

But this time, I'm gonna wait for a while. I prefer the Scholastic version. Their book covers are much nicer.

Regards,
Wah!!!! Never put spoiler warning!!!! :bigeyes:

hey if u like harry potter try Jonathan Stroud "the amulet of samarkand"

or any of Terry Pratchett's books

anirtac said:
hey if u like harry potter try Jonathan Stroud "the amulet of samarkand"

or any of Terry Pratchett's books
How about the Artemis Fowl series of books also?

mich_2103 said:

Regards,

More Spoiler please.

mich_2103 said:

Regards,

Somehow, the Bloomsbury's cover appeared more mature for my age. They are launching both version at once.

And I had pre-ordered, ever since they opened their desk. 16 July, 7:01am, one of my best birthday present ever.

Garion said:
How about the Artemis Fowl series of books also?

hmmm.... haven't tried that may just try that next time...

that book i recommended is the first part of the trilogy,... am reading the second bk now...

can also try "The faerie wars" search the net.

Paul_Yeo said:
More Spoiler please.
  • As for Hagrid being killed, that is quite probable; J.K. Rowling hinted that he might not appear on Half-Blood Prince, or he may and vanish in subsequent chapters.
  • Neither is Harry nor Voldemort the Half-Blood Prince.
  • Harry may get a girlfriend in this sequel (could be Ginny, but could hardly be Hermione)
  • There will be a new Minister of Magic; most people had theorised Arthur Weasley the next Minister, or probably this new character J.K. Rowling had annouced: McClaggan.
  • Lots of detail regarding wormtail (Peter Pettigrew)
  • One of the Weasleys was made Prefect (most definitely not Ron)
  • Harry will leave the Dursleys earlier than before for the summer break.
  • The Dementors of Azkaban sided Voldemort.
  • Titles of the Chapters
    • Chapter 2: Spinners End
    • Chapter 6: Draco's Detour
    • Chapter 14: Felix Felicis

Slivester said:
  • As for Hagrid being killed, that is quite probable; J.K. Rowling hinted that he might not appear on Half-Blood Prince, or he may and vanish in subsequent chapters.
  • Neither is Harry nor Voldemort the Half-Blood Prince.
  • Harry may get a girlfriend in this sequel (could be Ginny, but could hardly be Hermione)
  • There will be a new Minister of Magic; most people had theorised Arthur Weasley the next Minister, or probably this new character J.K. Rowling had annouced: McClaggan.
  • Lots of detail regarding wormtail (Peter Pettigrew)
  • One of the Weasleys was made Prefect (most definitely not Ron)
  • Harry will leave the Dursleys earlier than before for the summer break.
  • The Dementors of Azkaban sided Voldemort.
  • Titles of the Chapters
    • Chapter 2: Spinners End
    • Chapter 6: Draco's Detour
    • Chapter 14: Felix Felicis

u not good lah... :kok:

then in the last book, to save the whole wizard world, Harry and
Voldemort "tong gui yu jin" ! period :sticktong

I used to be a Harry potter fan but interest in his exploits has waned off now. Bit of an overkill. Dont think i will be breaking a leg to read the latest offering.

For me ideal fantasy books is Lord of the Rings.
Tolkien rules :)

i find tolkien's writing stlye a tad too boring for me. the characters singing a story all the time also doesnt work for me. artemis fowl is also a bit too kiddish. harry potter's the only one that's good. but the quality has regressed since book 4 which imho was the best

AntiFruits said:
i find tolkien's writing stlye a tad too boring for me. the characters singing a story all the time also doesnt work for me. artemis fowl is also a bit too kiddish. harry potter's the only one that's good. but the quality has regressed since book 4 which imho was the best

I think I was wrong in comparing the two. Only reason why even mentioned LOTR in the same breath as Harry, is because both involve a healthy dose of fantasy and magic..

JK Rowling's writing style is impressive as it holds the attention of both young and old. HP series is fun to read and makes for a breezy read.

LOTR in my opinion is not just a book, its an epic. Its a fantasy world built from the scratch. It introduces whole civilizations, with their own history, languages, characters... No wonder Peter jackson could create such an intricate world based on the locales described in the book.
Reading it is like living in that world. Everything is described in so much detail that you feel you can close your eyes and transport yourself into that world. Perhaps that can get a bit tiresome for a few but I, like legions of others have loved it.
I can understand that all the singing characters can distract a user who is wading through the dense beginning of the book. But then thats all there for the added effect. You can easily skip those paras without taking away the pleasure of reading the book. Or if you want it even easier then just go and watch the movies. Why bother reading the book? :D

cookiez said:
then in the last book, to save the whole wizard world, Harry and
Voldemort "tong gui yu jin" ! period :sticktong

cannot say his name lah!

i guess harry will destroy him in last book. harry will become the principal of hogwat and have his wedding dinner in the dinner hall with ron as his best man and hermione as cho's bridesmaid :sticktong

Status
Not open for further replies.