Who is bigger?

ManWearPants

Jul 14, 2008
Singapore
This is a who is bigger thread. So post whatever question you want to ask w.r.t. "who is bigger?"

please note this is not a question about manhood.

My question is Minister of Defence vs Chief of Defence Force. Who is bigger?

It varies from country to country. Of course by definition the MOD is the CDF's boss.

According to

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Southeast_Asia/NJ13Ae01.html

http://atimes.com/atimes/Southeast_Asia/II07Ae01.html

in Thailand, the commander of Thai army is more powerful than the supreme commander of Thai armed forces, the latter being a ceremonial post. Although in form and courtesy, the former reports to the latter.

Last edited:
Who wear the bigger pants? :think: :bsmilie:

not the one who has the bigger balls?

enlarged-balls.jpg

:bsmilie:

As pursuant to the Singapore Armed Forces Act (Chapter 295) the Chief of Defence Force (CDF) along with his three chiefs of their respective services (Chief of Air Force (CAF), Chief of Army (COA) and Chief of Navy (CNV) sitting in the Armed Forces Council (AFC) are appointed by the President of Singapore through constitutional and legislative "powers" vested in him though under advise of the Prime Minister of Singapore.

Hierarchy structure within the Armed Forces Council (AFC) are as follows...

1. Minister for Defence

2. Permanent Secretary (Defence)

3. Chief of Defence Force (CDF)

4. Service Chiefs
Suppositionally the civilian political leadership control of the military is practised as a doctrine in a democratic government but in reality it is often difficult to differentiate as the two are often intertwined with each other.

This is a who is bigger thread. So post whatever question you want to ask w.r.t. "who is bigger?"

please note this is not a question about manhood.

Since the gentlemen in question are still alive we can only talk about physical measures. How big (or great) they are is something for future people to decide.

Last edited:
As pursuant to the Singapore Armed Forces Act (Chapter 295) the Chief of Defence Force (CDF) along with his three chiefs of their respective services (Chief of Air Force (CAF), Chief of Army (COA) and Chief of Navy (CNV) sitting in the Armed Forces Council (AFC) are appointed by the President of Singapore through constitutional and legislative "powers" vested in him though under advise of the Prime Minister of Singapore.

1. Minister for Defence

4. Service Chiefs
Suppositionally the civilian political leadership control of the military is practised as a doctrine in a democratic government but in reality it is often difficult to differentiate as the two are often intertwined with each other.

Peace time Minister of defend , wartime chief of defend

1. Minister for Defence

4. Service Chiefs

Thanks for this. I have always wondered where the Ministers stand whether it is military, legal, health, etc. So they are at the top of the food chain. What surprises me is there are the PS on top of CDF. Who are these people, former CDFs ?

Thanks for this. I have always wondered where the Ministers stand whether it is military, legal, health, etc. So they are at the top of the food chain. What surprises me is there are the PS on top of CDF. Who are these people, former CDFs ?

a minister is a politician, who can be voted in/out of office in GE, whereas permanent secretary is a very senior civil servant who runs the ministry under direction of the minister in charge.
not necessarily that PS was former CDF.

a minister is a politician, who can be voted in/out of office in GE, whereas permanent secretary is a very senior civil servant who runs the ministry under direction of the minister in charge.
not necessarily that PS was former CDF.

So the PS is the iron rice bowl as the rank on top and below move every few years.

So the PS is the iron rice bowl as the rank on top and below move every few years.

As long the PS doesn't screw up or offend the wrong ppl....

like donut88 said, don't screw up and don't offend the wrong ppl = safe.
just like in life.

Adding on to what others have already mentioned. A minister is an elected politician who is appointed by the Prime Minister after being voted in together with the entire cabinet on the grounds of their affiliated political party in which they represent, having had won the majority of parliamentary seats during a General Election (GE).

Whereas Permanent Secretaries are some of the most senior civil servants in the civil service responsible for the daily administration of their respective ministries. They are non-partisan and required to perform their duties in the best interest of the people while of course also acting on national polices as conceived by the democratically elected government.

Last edited:
huh? of course the Minister for Defence.

1. Minister for Defence
2. Second Minister for Defence
3. Minister of State for Defence
4. Perm Sec (Defence), CDF

Last edited:
why u digging threads?

Possibly to start something :)

but when all the posts are in Kopitiam, it makes no sense since this is a photography forum.

Unless annasui is just bored of Flowerpod and joined CS just for the fun of it. lots of old thread diggers there :)