Who inspires you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rev

Aug 15, 2004
Just wondering how many CSers out there actually take photography as just a hobby to capture memories/images, make some cash. Or view it & understand it & analyze it as an art?

Helmut Ansel Cartier anyone?

I understand that art is subjective, 'to each his own' but to talk about art/photography, one needs to know the history of photography, famous styles & works of famous photographer's right?

Rev said:
Just wondering how many CSers out there actually take photography as just a hobby to capture memories/images, make some cash. Or view it & understand it & analyze it as an art?

I understand that art is subjective, 'to each his own' but to talk about art/photography, one needs to know the history of photography, famous styles & works of famous photographer's right?

Henri Cartier-Bresson
http://www.npg.si.edu/exh/cb/quote2.htm

Rev said:

actually it was the 10D that changed me to take photography into a more serious hobby. I capture images to make ppl happy and nothing to do with money or rewards. So far i think i have done just that, and through much compliments and good feedbacks, i tend to be more serious and artistic with each shoot, though never expecting to be any better than anyone. Also the most important reward I had is that i tend to be more aware of the environments and the beauty of God's creations, thru shooting of animals, children, ppl, situations, nature, flowers, macro, etc....
Why would i need any famous photographer to influence me at all?.......

good photos inspire me...

:cool:

nature inspires me.

zaren/vamptress: this answer can? lolz

foxtwo said:
nature inspires me.

zaren/vamptress: this answer can? lolz

of cos can lah....

*shudder*

:eek:

foxtwo said:
y *shudder* & :eek: ??? :confused:

oops... sorry...

should be

:cheergal:

renegade said:
heh heh ... r they somehow related? ;) ;)

haha, no lah. vamp asked "what drives you in photography?" before to some of us, n I couldn't ans. So now i try again, :bsmilie: ..

renegade said:
heh heh ... r they somehow related? ;) ;)

yes yes..... vamp is my sijie in photography...

:bsmilie:

Rev said:

what is helmut ansel cartier?????? :dunno:

wat inspires me? how about myself? :bsmilie:
memories of people in my life and the places i've been to inspires me.. :D

do one really need to know abt history of photography and all those stuff?
i donnoe a single thing.... just follow my :heart:
sunnie

sunnie_kenji said:
what is helmut ansel cartier?????? :dunno:

wat inspires me? how about myself? :bsmilie:
memories of people in my life and the places i've been to inspires me.. :D

do one really need to know abt history of photography and all those stuff?
i donnoe a single thing.... just follow my :heart:
sunnie

Helmut Newton, Ansel Adams, and Henri Cartier-Bresson are all legendary photographers. Helmut Newton and Henri Cartier-Bresson both died this year.

Sources of inspiration are very diverse, but for me, I get kicks out of browsing through Galen Rowell's 'Mountain Light' or other photography books (coffee table book type, not technical treatises.) :D

Picked up fotography from scratch 6 months ago and wanted to take things to next step, so thought some education was the key. Picked up a few fotography books. A photo by helmut newton showing only a high-heeled shoe with a voluptous female leg was so simple yet kinda erotic & provocative due to the curvature of the leg.... fuq'n awesome.

Just curious, that's all, guess 'yusoff bin ishak' is 1 of the best inspirational tools but don't think that's enough. There is a difference between just taking fotos (new paper) and taking good fotos (newsweek, natl geographic etc.)

Way I see it is... how we take pictures are always influenced by others, because of a subconcious effect from media (& clubsnap galleries) saturation all around us, ads, tv, magazines, books... And people always give these advice for improving fotography,
a) Look at the professionals' fotos, try to match up, then develop own style
b) Snap a hell lot of pictures & look at a hell lot of pictures.

Thanks for your answers guys, so far I only know these 3 guys that changed the way I looked at things...

And some of the clubsnap pics in the galleries are...

fuq'n awesome :)

Status
Not open for further replies.