Who inspired or earned you the most respect in Clubsnap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgat

Mar 26, 2004
As above.......................

everyone !! and especially the moderators who worked so hard to keep this forum going...

everyone inspired all of us here with their works in photography.. and constant encouragement and discussions has allowed me to learn alot of things which i dun.....

erm... for example.. like the Jedis and Siths... Bak changs and alot of new terms like bokeh and blah blah.. too many...

all in all... Clubsnap is the best forum i have been in.. and i find Clubsnap far more interesting then Msn and irc.... :bsmilie:

Well....

I guess I gotta kow tow to ESPN for keeping Nikon's balance sheet healthy. :bsmilie:

But seriously,

There are a handful of really good photographers here in Clubsnap that I do take seriously, with regards to their work and critiques.

I like the work of Jed, Jasphotography, R32 just to name a few.

I hope to see better portraiture coming up though.

Many many! Could say everyone! :bsmilie:

glennyong said:
everyone !! and especially the moderators who worked so hard to keep this forum going...

everyone inspired all of us here with their works in photography.. and constant encouragement and discussions has allowed me to learn alot of things which i dun.....

erm... for example.. like the Jedis and Siths... Bak changs and alot of new terms like bokeh and blah blah.. too many...

all in all... Clubsnap is the best forum i have been in.. and i find Clubsnap far more interesting then Msn and irc.... :bsmilie:

On behalf of the mods, thanks for your kind remarks glennyong! Let's not forget the admin too! They are doing a great job in keeping this forum up and making it free for everyone! :thumbsup:

think someone ran a similar thread many moons ago abt the most admired photogs here on CS. :)

me? there are so many people i learnt from in the last half-yr dat i've begun shooting. aj23, espn (yes, apart from exhorting us to boost our nation's GDP, he does shoot and pretty well, i might add. ;) ), scanner, sniperD etc.... in one way or the other, they had helped me. then there's brett and astin who taught me the basics of studio and posing.

guess more imptly for newbies like me is to be open to learn from those who crossed more bridges than us, so to speak! :D

Heh, I can think of someone, but if I mention him/her here, I think [1] I'll never hear the end of it [2] his/her head will burst [3] etc etc.

nightwolf75 said:
pls lah... jeff49er --> :flame: <--- nw75

Why flame me? I am just a lousy photog who just take pic for fun and to network.

Photog Cannot earn more $ than my day job and worse gotta spend $ on model shoot and expensive equipment. In the end I just make the models and retailers richer.

For u, u r on the ball. I guess at this point of time I need a direction in photog as a hobby.

AJ 23 :thumbsup:

Future owner of Nkon F6 and D2x.

Must BUY BUY BUY Nikon shares in TSE

Wow who has inspired me ???
Everyone :thumbsup:
Everyone that has put their photo's, thoughts, experience here.
The many newbies that run rings around me; and have the desire to be better at their art.
The pro's that I admire for their tallent and are willing to give their assistance at any level.

Tallented people that are devoted to this site such as (and I dont remember all).
Drudkh, Espn,Adam Goi,teerex,Areality,Witness,mpenza, and more.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

BUY! BUY! BUY!
hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe
hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

:bsmilie:

At first glance, it would be the community here that's keeping this place vibrant, but if you look beneath the surface, the real heroes, in my mind, are the moderators and admins. Some of them surface from time to time, but for the most part they stay behind the scenes and keep things chugging along, and to me, that's real dedication in a thankless task.

It's a fine line between keeping things in line and draconian clampdown, and the bar shifts every second depending on who's looking at the situation, but they've done a remarkable job.

So, to people like Darren, Larry, Togu, Jed, Bluestrike, AdamGoi, and countless others I can't remember or don't know about ... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ... :cheers:

It's because of you guys that all of us keep coming back, and because of you, that 99% of the flaming that goes on only happen as smilies ... :flame:

marcwang: Well for every 10,000 I bring to Nikon, I can try for a free D2X ya'know heehee.

jeff49er: PLS LA U met me only 1 time.

nightwolf75: U must be kidding me, I can shoot meh... I can press the trigger I 'steal laugh' liao.

Pablo: Keep shooting... I do nothing except BUY BUY BUY... everybody knows. Heehee

=== End of jokes ===

For me the best person to turn to for advice, comments/suggestions would be megaweb, most constructive most informative and never too stingy to share. :thumbsup:

Next would be Avatar, for his kind 'help' in leading me to the dark side last year... ;) Speaking of which I saw Avatar just now at Orchard but was in a rush to get to Lords that I didn't manage to stop and talk to him, sorry dude, catch up with you again next time.

Finally, a silent killer like rty, which nobody actually know his 'powress' in photography. Mai siao siao hor, his shot buay pai one... also a great sharer in techniques and comments, Canon users will love this shooter. :thumbsup:

Actually a lot la, but just a few that I really know who can shoot and never too stingy to share.

Many thanks to those that helped me improve my skills along the way and helping me along ;)

ESPN: I am just being humorous.

For every BUY BUY BUY

there has to be a SELL SELL SELL

got to be

oeyvind
rncw
tomshen

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Maybe abit OT.

Just wana mention Terence, who was very generous in letting me try out his 70-200 2.8 IS during one of the zoo outings Adam Goi orgainised in September. Mind you, he let me put it on my 10D the whole day and that was the first time we met. That was my 1st CS outing and i was very impressed at the generousity of the CS members, certainly left a mark on me. So much so i got my 70-200 f4 shortly after. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.