Who haven't file income tax yet

Who haven't file income tax yet

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
normally leave it to others to file for me... anyway i always get exempted... cos still 'studying' hehe... nxt time i must geng some relief...

anyway, i think mine submitted, cos i remember someone passed it to me to sign then they mail it out...

Actually I was late on 17 April, when I went in most of the details were already there liao ... :eek:

You just confirm and click submit ... tats all ... :)

every year also say 15th april, den later extend to 30th april... its a norm for singaporeans to submit late liao... might as well tell us that its 30th april... or issit that we need to be given buffer?

The site was so problematic initially that I received error message in almost every single page.....so I sian liao, send an email to complaint.....they told me it was heavy traffic and the deadline will be extended...so I wait until last week....indeed the Iras server were more responsive and the submission was smooth :lovegrin:

Isn't it ironic that the taxman collects so much money from us taxpayers and still can't afford to have decent servers, bandwidth and most importantly programmers!? I have 10 years experience in web application development, and the kind of reasons they give are simply not acceptable.

Regards
CK

just to confirm this...

few years back i worked for about 6 mths and i did file for that year

but this year i am not working, so i no need to file right? cos i never recieve any letter or information regarding tax

ckiang said:
Isn't it ironic that the taxman collects so much money from us taxpayers and still can't afford to have decent servers, bandwidth and most importantly programmers!? I have 10 years experience in web application development, and the kind of reasons they give are simply not acceptable.

Regards
CK

Actually, the money collected doesn't go to the taxman. They go to the gahman, and back to the citizens. Yes, a lot of money is collected, but do you really want the taxman to splurge all the money on getting more equipment? that will mean the gahman will receive less revenue, and they will increase taxes. And for the record they do have decent programmers. In fact, they have some of the best and most dedicated programmers I have ever seen working on the project. If you have 10 years experience in software development, then i'm sure you know the difficulties involved. Lets try and be more forgiving yah? More support from us, means less pressure on them, means better results from them means less problems for us, means everyone happy happy. =)

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
every year also say 15th april, den later extend to 30th april... its a norm for singaporeans to submit late liao... might as well tell us that its 30th april... or issit that we need to be given buffer?

paper filing still stay on 15 Apr
Only e-filing extend to 30 Apr

Wai said:
just to confirm this...

few years back i worked for about 6 mths and i did file for that year

but this year i am not working, so i no need to file right? cos i never recieve any letter or information regarding tax

they say something on their FAQ earn less than 22k will not receive any letter/pin number from them so no need to file.

Snowcrash said:
they say something on their FAQ earn less than 22k will not receive any letter/pin number from them so no need to file.

Yes, if last year 2004 you sumitted for your 2003 income less than 22K, this
year you don't need to file if your pay still less than 22K for 2004.
Thus no IRAS pin will be sent to you base on last year return.
But if your 2004 income more than 22K and never received anything, you got
to call up IRAS to request for the pin to e-file.

That was what happened to my wife income. 2003 filed but less than 22K,
2004 also less than 22K, so this year IRAS nevr sent any pin, so don't need
to file. ;)

micky said:
Actually, the money collected doesn't go to the taxman. They go to the gahman, and back to the citizens. Yes, a lot of money is collected, but do you really want the taxman to splurge all the money on getting more equipment? that will mean the gahman will receive less revenue, and they will increase taxes. And for the record they do have decent programmers. In fact, they have some of the best and most dedicated programmers I have ever seen working on the project. If you have 10 years experience in software development, then i'm sure you know the difficulties involved. Lets try and be more forgiving yah? More support from us, means less pressure on them, means better results from them means less problems for us, means everyone happy happy. =)
You have a point. Then again, in my company, if this like that happen, I am in deep trouble. This kind of critical apps really need to be load tested properly to see if it can handle the load. Obviously, they did not anticipate/underestimated the load. :(

Regards
CK

micky said:

Sometimes by grumbling a bit makes u happier :) Let's have more freedom in speech :)

ckiang said:
Esp. about the garmen and their IRs ;p

Regards
CK
the online form is not working... die die die...

Still cannot ever log into the site. The jvm gets loaded up, but no matter how you do it, clicking the submit button never progresses to the next page. This happens on my firefox and ie 6. Any CSers get this?

Status
Not open for further replies.