who have tried the CS5 trial?

adorable

Jun 8, 2009
Bury Road
I'm downloading the trial now! Want to see the power of Content Aware! If it is good, I will buy it! :lovegrin:

Who has downloaded?

I'm downloading the trial now! Want to see the power of Content Aware! If it is good, I will buy it! :lovegrin:

Who has downloaded?

the content aware can only work on image that has same pattern, like sky, grassland, sea.

the content aware can only work on image that has same pattern, like sky, grassland, sea.

so, if I take photo of my friend in the street, I cannot remove those people behind her? :cry:

so, if I take photo of my friend in the street, I cannot remove those people behind her? :cry:

No, you cannot - Content Aware is not magic. Those demos you see on the web that work wonder are simple images.

You still require old school skills to remove complex background or unwanted objects.

No, you cannot - Content Aware is not magic. Those demos you see on the web that work wonder are simple images.

You still require old school skills to remove complex background or unwanted objects.

I just tried. Same pattern works ok! Complex background cannot. And CS5 starts up much faster than the previous version on my Mac! :thumbsup:

Want to buy liao!

That's where you're going wrong. Content aware fill is not meant to remove objects, it's there to add (fill) objects. That's why I pointed out on a thread some while back that it's taking all the creativity and challenge out of photography.

Open a white canvas, select a huge brush size, content aware fill the whole canvas and voila, instant picture in a few seconds.

That way you can safely leave the multi-million dollar camera and lenses safe in the dehumidifier until you feel withdrawal and the need to drool again.

Warning: No amount of technical jiggery pokery will simulate the magic Leica glow. That, as already mentioned, you can only get from original German glass or fungus infections in your lenses.

Further Warning: None of the above is meant as a serious comment.

Further Further Warning: This bit is serious, but if you can't see a good picture post-content-aware-fill then you need to look a bit harder. It's hard to explain exactly what the difference is, but it is there. A bit like the Leica glow.

Ooops, read Further Warning please. :angel:

content aware good for those who clone out a lot of things to have minimalistic landscapes.

I just tried. Same pattern works ok! Complex background cannot. And CS5 starts up much faster than the previous version on my Mac! :thumbsup:

Want to buy liao!

anyway, I really love the new mask tool, you can create a complex mask easily.

Last edited:
content aware good for those who clone out a lot of things to have minimalistic landscapes.

no it is not good for cloning but good at filling in grassland and sky.

downloaded the trial in the morning.
Yep it's fast, now running on Cocoa and 64-bit on a Mac :lovegrin:

Bought and downloaded the CS5. Like the content aware. It helps me removing unnecessary lamp posts from the image. The other functions like HDR and lens corrections are very useful. Like the product. :)

well.. tried the content aware.. sometimes it works like a charm, sometimes not, but i can say its a big leap from cs4