Who has the oldest camera here? (Ah pek of all ah pek camera beauty contest?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

whoelse

Oct 17, 2003
Let's do this for fun. Who in CS own the oldest camera in term of launch year regardless of TLR, SLR, pin-hole, RF, working or non-working. Any candidates or picture you wanna norminate?

Again, I say for fun lah. :bsmilie: Ah pek of all ah pek camera beauty contest?

1902-1904 kodak folder is the oldest one i got. still working apparently.

will post a pic of it later.

My spare body a Mamiya Sekor 528TL, I think about 40+ years old. I used it for b/w will bring out to shot during X'mas.

my oldest and biggest camera..inherited from my dad.. :cool:

a 6x9 view camera used to do recopy job..
oldcamera.jpg

12956Antique_Camera-thumb.JPG

Kex guess what I am selling. :bigeyes: HAHAHA But my is 5x7 format. Your can convert la. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

my mum dunwant to sell leh..coz left down by my dad..

she rather put there "seh gor" :bsmilie:

mine is a china brand with a voightlander 18cm F4.5 lens..

Yours wad brand ?

Wa-Lan-De, wat is that? Sewing machine from outer space? Really eye opening...more more :D

Same China made with lens broad to fit rodenstock lenes of my choice. I think it is the same camera. But this one is slightly better your less dust on it HEHEHEHE :bsmilie: :bsmilie: The film plate are interchangeable ma. Can even change format.

got dust then got character mah LOL!

this camera got a 3 lens turret in the front standard..i think is Copal 0,1,2 size..

bring this camera out need 4 worker to carry and a pick up :p

So, this ah pek sewing machine camera is made in what yr huh?

your parents used to own or own a photo studio?

not quite as old as patch17's, but here's mine. the Kodak No.2 Autographic Brownie, which was manufactured from 1915 - 1926
brownie.jpg

what i honestly think, the beauty of old vintage cameras lie not only in their design and aesthetic values, but also the fact that, YES! they can still be used, if properly taken care of! even if the film format or battery is obsolete, there are ways around it.

now..with digital cameras.. :think: maybe they will belong more to the realm of arcade video games machines, Commodore 64s, Ataris and Sinclairs...

patch17 said:
1902-1904 kodak folder is the oldest one i got. still working apparently.

will post a pic of it later.

whoops... i just checked the camera, it's actually a 1905 No. 3A Kodak folding pocket camera. Red bellows and mahogany or cherry wood rails.

patch17 said:
whoops... i just checked the camera, it's actually a 1905 No. 3A Kodak folding pocket camera. Red bellows and mahogany or cherry wood rails.

Day one, Patch17 is the winning for now. Any pic? More normination pls :)

Eh, patch17, got picture or not? Of the camera, and from the camera. Quite curious.

ST1100 said:
Eh, patch17, got picture or not? Of the camera, and from the camera. Quite curious.

ok, managed to get some pictures of the camera...

Folded

Extended

the lovely rails

sticker in the back of camera

unfortunately i havent taken any pictures with it yet. apparently it uses 122 film, which i think is no longer available. i'll eventually adapt it one day to use 120 film. aperture and all shutter speeds, including "B" and "T" work.

Patch17, yr ah pek camera scared away other ah pek liao... See no more. How about some middle age then? (@_@)

Status
Not open for further replies.