Who has bought the E-3 ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
My question was in regards to the few threads that was comparing E3 and E30. so my curiosity was how many ppl out there who voted for the E-3 and did actually bought it despite knowing that E-30 will be out soon.

that's all.

i almost did last month. but decided to wait for the E30 street-price to stablise in the next 6 months then decide which one to get. since i already held out the purchase for 1yr, no harm waiting another 6mths.

Body alone prices in Tokyo

E-3 --> 160200jpy
E-30 --> 149800jpy

Prices in US online

E-3 --> US$1269
E-30 -->US$1299

prices in SG

E-3 --> S$15xx
E-30 --> ????

So getting the E-3/30 is more expensive still...

Wonder how much will SG price the E-30...

Body alone prices in Tokyo

E-3 --> 160200jpy
E-30 --> 149800jpy

Prices in US online

E-3 --> US$1269
E-30 -->US$1299

prices in SG

E-3 --> S$15xx
E-30 --> ????

So getting the E-3/30 is more expensive still...

Wonder how much will SG price the E-30...

Very interesting to note that the E30 is actually being priced higher than the E-3.

I seriously hope to see the E-30's price drop over the next year..very entycing camera this E-30.

I'm one of those who got an E-3 + 12-60mm + HLD-4 last month despite knowing that E-30 will be released soon. :bsmilie:

i think egnaro did,I'm curious about your question though

ya i did...

But i brought a used E3... didnt want to wait being a few reason...

1st i am impatience guy!! I want to start using it now...

2nd how much E30 will win over E3? I dun think there is much other then the creative menu, higher MP... these are not very important to me. Weather seal are important for me.

3rd I foresee E30 price not going to be much lower then current E3 price.

4th I didnt want to wait and see how much better it will everything turn out.

5th I got it at a good price with a grip!!! haha :bsmilie:

above 5 reason got me an E3!!! WHAT YOUR?

i'm just 2.5hrs away from getting an E-3. me going to buy after work.

i too not going to wait cos

1) E-30 not going to be cheaper
2) E-30 is not radically more enhanced than the E-3
3) E-3 fits my budget now
4) E-3 has weather proofing
5) My gf took my E420 and claim it as hers.

haha!

within the past month or so despite hearing the news of the E-30?
I would have done that if I would not already had one.

yup. GF took my cam and now i need a new one. so where to get the E-3 at a good price?

1) John 3:16
2) Alan photo funan
3) Cathay photo peninsula

Where would be good?

yup. GF took my cam and now i need a new one. so where to get the E-3 at a good price?

1) John 3:16
2) Alan photo funan
3) Cathay photo peninsula

Where would be good?

John 3:16 or CP.

but good price if without grip.

AP selling at 1.8k with grip.

ard 200-300 for a grip... u decide.

I got the E3 and 12-60 last month too.

enjoying every moment of it. :)

I got it when it launched. Cannot wait to replace my e-330. :p

I am now a proud owner of a new E-3!!! It really feel good in my hands..i love it!!!

Congrats & have fun with your new toy / tool.:)

E3 being the flagship model but why is E30 more expensive when it is not flagship model???
Any ideas? Anyway I am an owner of E3 too and having it from last sept.

Maybe should buy from groceries from Sheng Shiong so that I might win some extra cash to get E30 lol...

Last edited:
E3 being the flagship model but why is E30 more expensive when it is not flagship model???
Any ideas? Anyway I am an owner of E3 too and having it from last sept.

Maybe should buy from groceries from Sheng Shiong so that I might win some extra cash to get E30 lol...

All electronics depreciate over time, considering that E-3 is 1 year old versus a newly launched E-30, it is only natural for the price difference with their nose-to-nose specs. With the E-30 having a higher megapixel count sensor and some additional gimmicks minus the weather sealing I feel the price is just about right, considering this is a 'mid-range' body, a good price comparison would be to the Nikon D80/90s. Otherwise, it does not justify/drive the sales of E-30 as compared to the E-3 (when you look at it from other perspective - marketing/sales strategy)

Also, it gives Olympus yet another good and valid reason to price their next flagship refresh body at an extortious price above the E-30 hahaha :sweat:

It's all Olympus marketing dept's fault! :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.