Who happy TK Foto open shop at Funan?

Reportage

Nov 24, 2008
I am...because that means lots and lots of Think Tank products to look at. Also have Kata and Tamrac bags to look at. and best of all, its very convenient place for me.

29752_403628793165_835728165_4182858_598780_n.jpg

Mmm... what does my happiness have to do with anything ?? :think:

But going there would now be easiler than going to Shaw Tower. Just Hope and Pray that the good price and service will remain the same and Funan wouldn't charge them too much for store space causing TK to rise price :sweat:

Definitely more convenient for me. Hope the added volume brought about by more traffic offsets rental costs and TK will maintain its competitive pricing.

Definitely Happy. :bsmilie: because I always walk pass Funan to take bus home. Even better locate at 2nd floor along the path to home. I won't miss them.

TK Foto shifted its operation to Funan partly to be more well known by the newbies photography enthusiast..

I myself did not know there's a shop call TK Foto at Shaw Towers until it shifted to Funan when I heard it from a friend.

Now its easier for me to go TK foto and of course I can eliminate other shops since their service is good, price is reasonable and won't anyhow quote,convenient for me and a wide range of Tripods to Bags and accessories.. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

This will be good for the Singaporean photographers and tourists.

Funan the Sim Lim Square for photography.

John 3.16
TK Photo
SLR Revolution
Alan photo Funan
Cathay Photo at Peninsula Plaza

However, all these stores combined still cannot win Yodobashi or Bic camera. ;p

slr revolution and tk photo offer competitive pricing and excellent service consistently.

This will be good for the Singaporean photographers and tourists.

Funan the Sim Lim Square for photography.

John 3.16
TK Photo
SLR Revolution
Alan photo Funan
Cathay Photo at Peninsula Plaza

However, all these stores combined still cannot win Yodobashi or Bic camera. ;p

all happy, except the other camera shops in the building :bsmilie:

I'm not happy. TK used to be my playground, now unlikely I will go back already.

I'm happy since I don't have to go to Shaw anymore just to visit them.
They were quite hard to find though. Not on the Funan directory.
I guess most tourists will still see Bally or Alan Photo first.

Anyway I bought a bag from them today. They are a friendly bunch.

Well, I was there this eve... got a wireless shutter release and a PG80 plate... Fine out more about Gitzos and ballheads and then left the area and visit the second hand lens stores around... Superb service!

I have had generally bad experiences at the old shop and probably will frequent other shops unless they change their attitudes. YMMV.

The only decent transaction I had was when I was served by one of their younger staff. The older staff come across as arrogant and cold in my opinion.

Is James still there? Find him honest and I only buy from him when I go to the old Shaw Towers branch.

The only other person and shop I buy from is Ben from Alan Photo.

Last edited:
Is James still there? Find him honest and I only buy from him when I go to the old Shaw Towers branch.

Ben in Alan Photo, is it at Sim Lim Branch ?

Went to TK a few days ago to check out their TT beltpacks. Was attended by Philip, excellent service. He was so patient in explaining and showing me a few bags and did not rush me but gave me time an space to decide! Excellent service as usual! Will be making more purchases from them soon :)

Oh i forsee visiting them more often now they are at funan!

Last edited:
It looks like all the main players are there. It is now a photo cluster there - Peninsular, Funan and Aldephi.

It makes sense for those who need to search, browse and shop.

Only MS Color ain't there at AMK.

TK's Beach Rd outlet is located at a very quiet place - you only go there if you have something very specific to get.

James, the young chap right? Yup, he's there alright.

I have had generally bad experiences at the old shop and probably will frequent other shops unless they change their attitudes. YMMV.

The only decent transaction I had was when I was served by one of their younger staff. The older staff come across as arrogant and cold in my opinion.

INteresting why others have reported good service, but you reported they gave you bad service ... interesting.

COuld be the problem was with yourself?