Who Got the Coolscan III at Sitex?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to know too...

I missed by 4 positions! :(

Now looking at the Canoscan 5000f liow. I don't have deep pockets so no choice. To think that the next best choice cost $200 more.

Who don't like their new toy PM me! We can talk ;)

Regards,
JK

Managed to get one for my colleague as i dont have scsi card/cable.. so will pass my slides/neg for him to scan instead! :D :devil:

I was in Q no. 28 - started queuing frm 1.30pm as I saw quite a long queue forming already, so no choice have to start to queue early.. :embrass:

I think there was abt 40 units for sale only instead of 50, can anyone confirm ?

basket!!
i thought it's on the saturday...happpily got the coupon from a friend this morning and thought by showing up very early tomorrow i could get the scanner...

Originally posted by charvy
Managed to get one for my colleague as i dont have scsi card/cable.. so will pass my slides/neg for him to scan instead! :D :devil:

I was in Q no. 28 - started queuing frm 1.30pm as I saw quite a long queue forming already, so no choice have to start to queue early.. :embrass:

I think there was abt 40 units for sale only instead of 50, can anyone confirm ?

Sigh ... and I thought I was pretty close to the counter. When about 10 pple left, the guy start counting already and I goes 'ohhhhhhhhhh nooooooooooooooooooo' and he stop 4 person in front of me. Like that also good lah, I 100% Canon shop liow, camera, digicam, printer, scanner :D

Regards,
JK

Yes, 40 units. My friend queued for me as I cannot make it. He's #33.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang

Yes, 40 units. My friend queued for me as I cannot make it. He's #33.

Regards
CK

Aiyah......
I should have gone...
I was thinking whether it's worth it for me to get it or not...
Anyway, I was free the whole day... :cry:

well, this may be the good excuse to save some cash and go for a DSLR....;p

Originally posted by denizenx
LOL start from $199?? ;p no even enough for the grip leh...

:D :D :D if save from 15 such offers, can buy D60 liow loh

Regards,
JK

hey charvy,

saw you behind me. didn't think you'd recognise me - we spilt a rodenstock loupe/cabin light box. i was no.25 the guy in white in front of the indian chap.

started queuing at 1.03pm. :)

need to shop for a scsi card tomorrow.

Originally posted by rochkoh
hey charvy,

saw you behind me. didn't think you'd recognise me - we spilt a rodenstock loupe/cabin light box. i was no.25 the guy in white in front of the indian chap.

started queuing at 1.03pm. :)

need to shop for a scsi card tomorrow.

Hey there roch, I thought I find u familiar too. :bsmilie: :) So I was right. u took leave for it? For me I had to take half day off and rushed down from town.. hehehee... guess it was all worth it. :)

Charvy,

I think I was behind you, I think I'm #29.

FYI I bought the
- Adaptec 2906 PCI SCSI Card @ $95
- WireTek 1.8m SCSI II cable DB50M/DB25M @ $30
at M Technic Resources Sim Lim Square (SLS) #06-41

there's another shop I think by the name of 'Cymax' at 5th Sty (or 4th sty) selling the Adaptec 2940UW OEM version @ $168
I think it does not include the external cable.

Not sure whether will it work well on my PC.
Hope to install & test the Nikon CoolScan III (LS-30) this Sunday.

Missed the opportunity... :p

Those who wants to sell off their CSIII can sell me for some profit. ;) Might be interested.

Hey I was #31! :)

For those who are using XP and Adaptec 2940 series card, remember to download this ASPI update . Else your Coolscan III cant be detected by NikonScan program.

For those who are interested to download NikonScan 3.1.2 (latest FULL version), you can download it at this site . Enjoy! :thumbsup:

hahaha... i was hardup to get the scanner too. i was #30.
Jason, it was nice chatting with you for 1.5hrs... chat until "cui ta".
Thanks for the links also.

hmmm... so many from clupsnap were there arh... no wonder see a lot of familiar faces leh... sorry Tony, for not being able to identify you during the queue.... .:embrass:

now need to find a SCSI card and cable... going to SLS this afternoon to get chop liao

can anyone recommend a relatively cheap solution to go with WIN XP Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.