Who gets a subdomain at ClubSNAP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweek

Jan 17, 2002
East
www.weekai.com
Hi CTMs and Moderators,

I remember a while ago I asked about getting a subdomain at ClubSNAP, and it turned out that only CTMs and Moderators get it. But now it seems like the requirements have loosened, more people are getting their http://xxx.clubsnap.org . Would like to clarify, exactly who gets their subdomain? Because I've long wanted one for my own hosting but clearly I didn't qualify....

Thanks for any replies!

Edmund

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
Singapore
eoslightbox.com
Originally posted by Tweek
***snip***

But now it seems like the requirements have loosened, more people are getting their http://xxx.clubsnap.org . Would like to clarify, exactly who gets their subdomain? Because I've long wanted one for my own hosting but clearly I didn't qualify....

Thanks for any replies!
That's not entirely true Tweek..

For now, ClubSNAP subdomains are still open only to CTMs & Mods (with the only possible exception of 1 person who got in way way way earlier before we realised that we should be setting limits until we had more hardware to support it).

There are plans to add new hardware to ClubSNAP server for hosting purposes but until everything is ready, you'll have to wait. Remember, ClubSNAP is run by us in our own spare time and we do not make any income from this hence patience is a necessity here. ;)

In the meantime, keep your eyes peeled to ClubSNAP, we hope to see something materialising in a month or two.

Tweek

Jan 17, 2002
East
www.weekai.com
Thanks Edmund, I was just wondering if I can start getting my subdomain already. Yup I understand the profitless motive for this community and I really appreciate that, and by no means am I pushing for more stuffs, just need to clear up my query here.

Really appreciate the effort that the entire team has put in, and I hope with my meagre knowledge of photography and web stuffs I can help contribute to ClubSNAP in time to come.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.