Who do you think will win the EPL 2004-2005 season?

Who do you think will win the EPL 2004-2005 season?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously Adamgoi has rigged the polls in favour of his team :bsmilie:

r32 said:
Obviously Adamgoi has rigged the polls in favour of his team :bsmilie:

hahaha! Good one Adam!

I don't think Arsenal will win this season given the fact that they have won the Charity Shield and it has been proven time and again that the winner of the shield would end up not winning the EPL. Winning the Shield is a jinx!! Could be Chelsea or Man U's year.

Okay okay ... I know why liao.

Just recalled that some time ago, Admin decided to disable the poll option given that there were some members abusing the system by starting numerous bo liao polls which eventually flooded Kopitiam.

Only realised that when look through the threads for the past weeks ... no polls at all.

So it's an honest mistake ... really! :devil:

redstorm said:
I don't think Arsenal will win this season given the fact that they have won the Charity Shield and it has been proven time and again that the winner of the shield would end up not winning the EPL. Winning the Shield is a jinx!! Could be Chelsea or Man U's year.

It's time for Arsenal to break that jinx!! Jose Antonio Reyes will be player of the season and help Arsenal to win the title again. Chelsea will be a close second but again, look slightly frail at the back even if they do have some good firepower up front this season.

Moan U? Well, think they will have to be happy with third again this season.

Come on you gooners!

Liverpool in lead at the moment 8-4!! I really don't think so, especially without Owen ;)

My view -

Chelsea
New manager with 6 new players for the first 11 line up..Basically it is a new team...6 of these new players have not played in EPL at all. I would say that they need at least 2 months to start to gel together and 6months to settle in EPL games. 1 out of these 6 players find that they can;t play in EPL games..and 4 will likely need more time settling...may be they will get used in their 2nd season in EPL. Typical example...Veron for MU, Crespo for Chelsea can;t adapt....Pires and Henry need more than 1 year to settle. I will rate them as 2nd place contender...might lauch a challenge for the Champion but lose out the momentum in Dec...due to Champion League and FA and heavy X'mas match schedule. Anyway... I am hard to believe an instant success of a new team.

Man Utd
No Champion team is without a rock solid pair of central defender...MU suffered from the ban of Rio last season...Even he is back...they are still looking a good central defender to partner Rio...Heinz comes in to fill the role (not proven at EPL to defend the crossng) Left back is their problem as well.. Keane is half of Gerrard ...Scholes is not peforming consistantly and he has injuries to worry.. Giggs is aging...although he might have several good runs but his pace is slowing down... Djemba and Kleberson is at par with Parlour and Muprhy standard (both being laid off from Arsenal and Liverpool respectively). Ronaldo and Ruud performace are crucial to MU chances.... Saha and Smith should be giving their best to outbeat each other to parter Ruud.... I have no doubt on their attacking (albeit it is not as fierceful when they had becham) , but the problem is at the defence and lack of those "never say die" attitude... yet still manage to pull a good challenge for the tittle, will see them finish at 2nd or 3rd...

Arsenal...
Although several players...Wiltord, Kanu, Parlour, Keownm etc...had been laid off, the team is strengthened with several new comers. Reyes shall be another weapon besides of henry...he can score..long shoot..dribble..and the best is he can deliver. I would believe henry and Reyes can score 40 among them. Gilberto seems to settle in Arsenal and as well in EPL....with the attacking midfielder Ljunberg and Pires and the new comer Robin van Persire, the midfield line up is the strongest in EPL....priovided Patrick Viera stills a gunner for this season. Missing Sol at the beginning season would have little options but to play Cygan and Toure as central defender. Not sure this partnership looks ok (compared to Campell and Keown) Might lose 2 games in the first 10 games. Nonetheless, they should be finished the season strongest although an unbeated 38 match run is not possibly acheiveable again.

Liverpool
New Manager...but not new team....Defending is strengthened by the arrival of Josemi. Carranger, Hyypia, Finnan, Josesmi, hencoz, Riise should rprovide enough coverage. Outgo Biscan in central defender role and Traore playing for the left. Cisse, baros partnership is not proven but looks scary...Cisse has 2 (or 3 times) French League Top scorer....under his belt. Baros ability to score in Euro2004 proves that he can be do much better as out and out striker...rather to play the role behind Owen. U have to question that why he kept scoring for Czech and not for Liverpool ? I believe benitez would start Cisse-Baros for the first few games rather than owen (if he is still a liverpool player) Problem is in the midfield.. Hamann is experienced but aging...he can play but not all the matches...Biscan understudies to play like Hamann for a defensive midfield role. Gerrard, needless to comment...The best liverpool player in the current squad. If Kewell on the left and Alonso(most likely to be playing for liverpool) on the right...play up to thier standard...liverpool do stand a very good chance to challenege for the tittle.
Weakness..the numbers of midfielder and striker are too shallow...the quality of the sub players are not good enough...Loan out and sell too many players but only bring in too few to have a balance squad...

I will go with my heart - Livepool should be able to compete with Arsenal for the EPL champion. :cheergal: :cheergal:

especially without Owen

even I am die hard Liverpool fans, I would like to see Owen to leave...In return to have more cash to buy another striker and midfielder.

If he thinks that the current squad is not good enough to win trophy...no point to keep him... How can u perform in a team when u dun have confidence at tyour colleague ??

If he leaves because Real offer more money...then no point to keep him either. We need player to play for Liverpool with his passion, and fight with his soul for the club...gerrard as example....if he merely plays for money and leaves to Real..then let him be there to warm up the bench for Ronaldo and Raul..sitting side by side with Morientes could also be benefited...at least Owen can learn from Morientes how to score so many scores in Champion League to help the team progressing to he CL final.

Liverpool finished 4th and Arsenal as EPL champion last season...One of the main reason...Arsenal main striker -henry scored more than 30 goals....But Liverpool main stricker ... eeerrr...Liverpool did not do well partly he should bear some of the responsibilties.

btw...did u see Liverpool play particular well in any match last season when owen played ?? there is any ?? how many of them did u recall ??
but i can clearly remember how many chances he wasted to score to put liverpool in victory ? (open goal... 1 to 1...not to mention the penalty)..

Weakness..the numbers of midfielder and striker are too shallow...the quality of the sub players are not good enough...Loan out and sell too many players but only bring in too few to have a balance squad...

hurray......With the enforcement of Alonso, Garcia, Nunez...i would believe that Liverpool do stand a very good chance now to launch a serious challenge to EPL tittle.

A much better / more well balance team now.

Keeper : Dudek and Chris
Right Defender : Carrager, Finnan, Josemi.
Left Defender : Risse, Carrager
Central Defender : Hyypia, Josemi, Hencoz, Carrager
RM : Nunez, Garcia, Diouf , Finnan
LM : Kewell, Riise
CM : Hamman, Gerrard, Alonso, Biscan
Striker : Cisse, Baros, Signama, Mellor

Hamann can provide his vast experience but on the defensive....However, I do feel that we need one more experienced striker who can mastermind the attacking a bit.... (too bad Morentes would not join us). 4 strikers are definately not enough...may be a striker from LaLiga on free transfer, who can hold the ball and do a bit of long shoot and deliver some fine touch of through pass.....

Even if we keep this squad....Kewell can play as striker as well. he was a supporitng striker for Leeds and scored more than 10 goals average per season. And not to forget that Diouf is given a squad number 19 last night...he was meant to be a striker...( albeit more proven to be a flop, Titi Camara was even better than him)

Liverpool strengthening the midfield whilst Arsenal is weakening as Viera leaving...I will keep on my view that either Arsenal or Liverpool to be the Champion and Chelsea and MU fight for 3rd and 4th place.

5th and 6th are for the fight between Newcastle, Birmingham and Middlesbrough.

Man U lah. They'll have a bumpy first 2 months but if they can hang on to 3rd or 4th place end of November, those on the injury list/international duty will have returned to boost the squad so they can go on an unbeaten run after Christmas and seal the title. Also, they newbies of the year before will have settled down and we'll see them start to shine and play more cohesively

chelsea will be runaway champs for EPL 2005... simply becos they have the greatest strength in depth.

a few injuries to key players in any other team will cripple it.

so, it will be a toss-up between arsenal, manu u and liverpool for 2-4th place.

the rest dun even need to mention... :bsmilie:

I can't believe Liverpool are still ahead in the poll - hasn't anyone been watching the games!!

I know it's quite hard for liverpool to win but..i voted one =)

Status
Not open for further replies.