Who do you consider as your immediate family

Who do you consider as your immediate family members?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silence Sky

Deregistered
Sep 5, 2006
May I know who do you consider as your immediate family?
I do not know whether has time or external influences have changed our social values on this matter.
I hope this poll will help provide me with an answer.

May I know who do you consider as your immediate family?
I do not know whether has time or external influences have changed our social values on this matter.
I hope this poll will help provide me with an answer.

immediate family = family u see immediately...

need to explain more?

if live with parents = them

if live with ah ma = ah ma

if live alone = paiseh no family... next of kin please...

need to explain more?

for me, somewhat similiar to yours.

it is before marriage, my parents and siblings are my immediate family.

after marriage, my wife and children.

I KPO and did a search, that's what I found... so, it is those family that one live with, or have financial dependent on. :embrass:

Immediate Family: A term that is generally used to refer to the smallest unit of a family that an individual lives with, which usually includes a father, a mother and siblings.

Close relatives by birth or marriage including siblings, parents, children, in-laws, and any financial dependents. The National Association of Securities Dealers restricts financial transactions between a broker-dealer and his or her immediate family.

Family Vacation Insurance

Family packages are also designed to cater for immediate families traveling together. Definition of immediate families would mean you, your spouse and your children.

Family vacation insurance are usually priced lower premium than if individual insurance policies were to be taken up for the whole family.

You didn't give options for my cats and dogs.. :cry:

need to explain more?

So when a doctor or someone asks for your parents immediate family, you would point to the maid who is living with your parents right? or you will say he got no family since he is staying by himself. :think:

Your family insurance also don't cover your childern when they stays overseas right?
And you will tell people you don't have family hor?

to be practical,,, who can accompany you to the final... parents? no, kids? definitely not--so many samples, ,, wifes? dont know.... maybe just a dog or a camera...sigh...

So when a doctor or someone asks for your parents immediate family, you would point to the maid who is living with your parents right? or you will say he got no family since he is staying by himself. :think:

Your family insurance also don't cover your childern when they stays overseas right?
And you will tell people you don't have family hor?

well... can the children overseas be of immediate help?

and seriously... the maid would otherwise proof more useful than the children overseas...

Let me take a wack at this, and commit some blasphemy ...

My defination of immediate family is as foow, and according to the hierachy I listed out ...

Wife or partner
children

with some reservation ... I will also include

brothers and sisters
parents
grand parents

these 3 are very difficult, becasue it necessitate including my wife's siblings and parents also.

So, at the end of the day, it's down to wife and children, and wife takes the first spot.

anyone else not mentioned above, such as aunts and uncles, cousins or what not, need not apply.

At the end of the day, this is my defination of "Immdeiate Family"

What is more important, that the TS did not say, is in what context is this defination used?

Immediate family to me..

For singles:

Parents & sibling/s

If married :

Spouse,children,parents,siblings,parents-in-law & bro sis-in-law..

if an accident happens, and the immediate family need to be contacted, would u say "pls call my papa and ma ma" or "call my wife and my kids"? :confused:

if an accident happens, and the immediate family need to be contacted, would u say "pls call my papa and ma ma" or "call my wife and my kids"? :confused:
if i'm married..then definitely my wife..if not then my bro or sis will be good,dont want to worry my parents...:D

Let me take a wack at this, and commit some blasphemy ...

DP,

The topic itself is not serious enough for you to commit blasphemy.:)

It is alright for everyone to share their views.

I think we have left some issuses hanging at the other thread. Do you want to discuss it here?

I have no wish to carry out personal attach at anyone, sometimes people just get jumpy and spill harsh words.

Hi Pual,

If we make the situation as bit more complicated; the father met an accident and is in coma. The doctor needs the immediate family member to make the medical decision, who should be the one to make the decision?

Status
Not open for further replies.