Who cried during The Passion of the Christ

Status
Not open for further replies.

fox

May 2, 2003
Pasir Ris
Visit site
Was just wondering who cried during the movie?

I did. I cried my eyeballs out :cry: when it struck me that He did it all for me.

Yoz,
I was watching the film with a friend of mine. I cuddled to his shoulders when I saw how the Romans cruelly slashed him like that. It was really sick, but I must admit the special effects were very realistic.

I cried on this scene when Jesus was carrying the cross and his mother went to lift him up. IMO, I felt that was really impactful.

Sorry guyz but I am not a Christian. This movie is really something new for me.

Cheers,
-Michelle- :D

Me thot me man, no cry but don't know why half way thur cannot control the water from my eyes. Me realised GOD love me so much, me start :cry:

Well, the person sitting next to me was so engrossed that he kept hurling vulgarities at the Pharisees and Roman soldiers... on top of that, he was very restless throughout the whole show.... :sweat:

haha.. the person next to me was an old man, probably in his 70. He slept most of the time... LoL it was 9.55 pm show. I didn't cry, dunno why... It's just not me to cry in the cinema...

Hee... I have to confessed I cried... Watched it twice... When I went for the 2nd time, thought everything would be okay but still ended up shedding some tears... I guess it's a pretty realistic realisation of how much He loved us and that He would be so willing to go through all this for us... The love that He has for us is just amazing.... :)

guess the movie impacted different ppl differently lor...for me ...yup...kept shedding tears...knowing that He died for me is one thing...watching it is totally another man...

i did.

reading about what Jesus said and yet seeing it i guess is different. What touched me was John 15:18 when Christ said: "If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you."

That really brought conviction lor... esp to those who are struggling and feel dry... i guess here's a word to you guys too... =)

sorry don't mean to preach. =)

hanoman said:
Its an overhyped movie. I did not cry, nor was my GF.
To you, maybe it's a movie, to others it's not, it's a re-enactment of what Jesus Christ really went through for human mankind especially to the Christians, the tears shed were not for the sadness/cruelty, but the pain and suffering that He had to go through for them.

It's actually quite mild in the show, the real torture and suffering was at least 10x worse. :)

espn said:
To you, maybe it's a movie, to others it's not, it's a re-enactment of what Jesus Christ really went through for human mankind especially to the Christians, the tears shed were not for the sadness/cruelty, but the pain and suffering that He had to go through for them.

It's actually quite mild in the show, the real torture and suffering was at least 10x worse. :)
FYI, Jesus Christ has a special meaning in my heart too. But still I dont feel anything, guess my heart is cold..... :)

hanoman said:
FYI, Jesus Christ has a special meaning in my heart too. But still I dont feel anything, guess my heart is cold..... :)
No worries dude ;) One day it might just get to you :)

Am I the only one who got more and more irritated as the show went on? If that fella next to you was hurling abuse at the Romans and Pharisees, I wanted to hurl abuse at Mel Gibson!

I don't know why I went anyway. I mix with Christians like oil mixes with water.

Amfibius said:
Am I the only one who got more and more irritated as the show went on? If that fella next to you was hurling abuse at the Romans and Pharisees, I wanted to hurl abuse at Mel Gibson!

I don't know why I went anyway. I mix with Christians like oil mixes with water.
Couldn't agree more. I'd like to reply something like 'cried my eyes out with laughter'; Funniest film I've seen this year... Someone should have shot Mel Gibson at birth - Personally I blame you Amfibius - You're an Oz so you must have been at a closer firing range than me !!

Oh and by the way I am a Christian (for about 20 years now) (But don't blame me for that) cos I don't mix with them too well either.. especially not after reading some of the sycophantic crap written above. The bible's not exactly a laugh a minute is it?

I remember reading somewhere that if Jesus (Sorry perhaps I should rephrase that as Our Lord (Hallelujay Bro!) was alive today he'd probably be diagnosed as a Depressive!!

And to all Fellow Christians who read this and think what planet is this Guy on - I'd say just one thing - Phillipeans 4, Verse 13 (Don't you just hate people who quote bible references at you?) - I Think I'll trot off and go and sink a few jars with Amfibius - at least his brain still appears to be working.

I think every religion has founders who died violent deaths, like the death of the Sikh Guru Banda Bahadur,

http://www.sikh-history.com/sikhhist/warriors/banda.html

"(He) did not utter a groan while being inhumanly tortured by the Mughals he was disgracefully paraded shut in a cage and bound with chains; his eyes were gorged out, his hands and feet cut off, and he was forced to eat the flesh of his own child and ultimately beheaded for refusing to embrace Islam."

PS: I'm not a Sikh.

May i gently remind everyone to please keep this on topic?

Discussing the movie and if anyone has cried in it is fine but please do not let it degenrate into a free for all flame war, especially when it comes to someone else's religion.

This thread will remain open for now but we will not hesitate to close it if it becomes offensive.

Thank you. :)

Hey cool. I think it is still ok lah huh so far... hmm where is nightbreed? he will probably irritate some of us.

I cried as my heart is soft.....sometimes when I see old folks on the streets begging for money, my eyes will turn red and watery.....is that consider as crying??

Status
Not open for further replies.