who created this forum??

Status
Not open for further replies.

blurboiboi

Jan 8, 2003
Loyang
blurboiboi.instantlogic.com
hi...

just wanna noe how who created this forum... need to come out with one with my skool project... juz wan some tips on how to get myself started or possible some source codes to share..
anyone out there can help??

blurboiboi said:
hi...

just wanna noe how who created this forum... need to come out with one with my skool project... juz wan some tips on how to get myself started or possible some source codes to share..

Hi!
I'm not really sure who created this forum... since I'm a newbie here... maybe some of the more senior members can help on that..
but to make a forum like this one... you can try to use phpBB2
(can download at:
http://www.phpbb.com/

What is phpBB?
phpBB is a high powered, fully scalable, and highly customisable open-source bulletin board package. phpBB has a user-friendly interface, simple and straightforward administration panel, and helpful FAQ. Based on the powerful PHP server language and your choice of MySQL, MS-SQL, PostgreSQL or Access/ODBC database servers, phpBB is the ideal free community solution for all web sites.

)
read the requirements first.. I think you need to install some other stuff e.g. php, a database like MySQL etc.
I think you probably can figure it out and have one running in a few hours or less.
I hope that this helps..

blurboiboi said:
hi...

For history of ClubSNAP, you can take a look at this article,

http://www.clubsnap.org/display.php?file=articles/cshistory/cs-history.htm

;)

In the beginning, there was a server, Darren said, let there be fast ethernet connection, and the server was connected.

Darren and his arch-angels worked hard for 6 days and thus brought CS to life. They had beer and ba gua on the 7th day for celebration.

:bsmilie:

OK. WHO ate the durian and the rest have to leave nirvana to come out to the cyberworld. Facing us (ie. posters/users) everyday/minute is really like hell most of the time. :bsmilie:

blurboiboi said:
thanx... i shall go take a look.. :)...
but dun think can set up a forum within a few hours ba... :dunno:
Actually with many of these new forums you can..
I can setup vBulletin and get it up and running within 5-10 mins...

Configuring it to suit your taste may take another hour..

A free one which does not need mySQL (uses text database) is Ultimate PHP Board http://myupb.com/viewscript.php?module=upb

blurboiboi said:
hi...

u setting up a BLUR forum .... ?? hehe ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.