Who cares about bokeh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefkinetics

Sep 4, 2007
Heaven
Contrary to what others have said that Nikon 50mm F/1.4 glass have nice bokeh, well.. it's nice only at its widest 1.4 or 1.6 but higher than than, say a still wider 2 or 2.8 apertures, I guess it isn't really that nice as you can see already the blade curves.

Check this first shot taken at f/2.5, while the second taken at f/1.4. Arguably, should one really care about bokeh?

Bokeh.jpg

Bokeh_at_f1-4.jpg

Does the nikon lens really only have a 7-bladed aperture???

I love the bokeh of my minolta lenses, thanks...

Nope, it has been well reviewed that the 50mm1.4 does not have very good bokeh.
Mine is as harsh as yours.

I am sure most would want their lens to have good bokeh

Cheers
Ryan

This topic sparked a little interest in me, hence I googled and found these:

Bokeh Test
Bokeh

Interesting to find out more on bokeh. But I guess at the end of the day, it's whether or not you/your customers are pleased. Sorry if I make it seem like you guys don't know what bokeh is but thought it might help the less knowledgeable (like me) when they stumble upon the thread.:D

After all, bokeh is a term that will definitely be flying around.

Cheerz~

and sorry if I OT

Interesting...... Bokeh means Blur in Japanese :bsmilie:

boke ぼけ, "blur") is a photographic term referring to the appearance of out-of-focus areas in an image produced by a camera lens.[1] Different lens bokeh produces different aesthetic qualities in out-of-focus backgrounds, which are often used to reduce distractions and emphasize the primary subject.

You'll care about bokeh when you start to take in the whole picture, and when the bad bokeh gnaws at you. You can't avoid seeing it in every picture you take with that lens and you always try to stop down to minimise bokeh.

all my nikkors are 9 bladed including the zooms.... bokeh is not just the number of aperture blades, but the texture of the oof areas, color/contrast.

Of course! That's why i got a f1.2 ;)

yes i do care and the 105/2.5 does magic especially when you are not too far away from the subject!

I generally agreed that this is a personal preference...

... however, I do not generally care about bokeh. Heh.

i guess one look most would not really care about the bokeh of each pictures... but if you happen to like this picture and start to start at it... in the first picture i find that a hexgon on the left... kinda distract me away from the main focus...

My guess is if we're talking about human portraits... a lens with good bokeh is still preferred... :sweat:

My personal preference :lovegrin: don't kill me hor..:sweatsm:

Status
Not open for further replies.