who buying iPhone?

Who is going to buy iPhone?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, just couldn't understand why people are so mindset on this iPhone? It's strong advertisement plus it's subjective appearance plus it's so called smooth interface plus the Apple name....Just wonder do people really wanting what purely it can serve them or more like having it to show others, "Hey, I got one here?" IMHO, it's 50/50.

Imagine...
Cannot do MMS? Nvm, it can send via email. Don't have 5MP? Nvm, 2MP is good enough. No memory card slot? Nvm, 16GB is already too much. Got fault to fix? Nvm, I can live with it. What's most important? I have an iPhone! Haha, what's this???

I'm not trying to tell people dun buy it, in fact it's 1 of a good phone to have, although there are better depend on individual's preference which is very subjective. But just thinking on the impact iPhone have on people, and in fact the world.

Cheers!

Haha, just couldn't understand why people are so mindset on this iPhone? It's strong advertisement plus it's subjective appearance plus it's so called smooth interface plus the Apple name....Just wonder do people really wanting what purely it can serve them or more like having it to show others, "Hey, I got one here?" IMHO, it's 50/50.

Imagine...
Cannot do MMS? Nvm, it can send via email. Don't have 5MP? Nvm, 2MP is good enough. No memory card slot? Nvm, 16GB is already too much. Got fault to fix? Nvm, I can live with it. What's most important? I have an iPhone! Haha, what's this???

I'm not trying to tell people dun buy it, in fact it's 1 of a good phone to have, although there are better depend on individual's preference which is very subjective. But just thinking on the impact iPhone have on people, and in fact the world.

Cheers!

Heheh... you forget that it's an iProduct and people will buy it...

http://cache.gizmodo.com/gadgets/images/iProduct.gif

I am not buying....... its not that a good phone... trust me.... :dunno:

Everyone on the streets will be holding onto the same phone. ;p

To trust you please tell us in what way it's not a good phone?

I've had one for sixth months and it's the best damn phone I've ever owned! Before that I had an HTC touch and the iPhone is a million times better.

i havnt out-grown my N70. so, NO!:nono:

Anyone knows what's the reason for not having the MMS function?

if theres enough money for me...

i rather get a ipod classic / touch + cheapo $65 phone and use.... hahahahahahahaa

well thats me.....

the previous iphone's sound quality really cmi.... :bheart:

everyone holding onto the same phone. :)

if theres enough money for me...

i rather get a ipod classic / touch + cheapo $65 phone and use.... hahahahahahahaa

well thats me.....

the previous iphone's sound quality really cmi.... :bheart:

Apple admitted to that so this new one they improve the earpiece just like they now use plastic for the back cover too as the sexy metal one in original version screwed up the signal strength thus the first iPhone gave lousy reception. You wonder what they had to change to make this new one better and what else might still need fixing..... and no MMS by version 2 knowing how popular it is getting? Really drop the ball on that one.

I actually did consider that combination you mentioned. I actually need wifi so looking for a smart phone that has that...so I was thinking to get the iTouch and then just get a cheaper phone since the iTouch will have wifi for my light weight surfing.

Last edited:
Last edited:
here's why:
http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/08/21/...iphone-3g-user/

happen to come across this report by chance while surfing for other things.
luckily i aint apple fan w00t.gif

for those who ARE already iPhoners, pray hard and cros your fingers n toes :sweat: :bigeyes:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2328519,00.asp

Think your link lost the article link....you referring to this one?

After using the iPhone for a couple of days, I can compare with the 2 windows mobile I have. I can safely say that iPhone is much more "fun" to use. The sound quality is pretty good, reception is way below standard tho, iPhone shows 1 bar while my touch duo have nearly full strength reception. The safri is much better to use and I love the zooming function which is not available in any other browsers I've used before. Lastly, the AI for keypad is godsend! It's a must try to believe thingy.

major con of the iphone is really only battery life. if it's gonna be always-on, always-use device then it should be always-plugged in (to power points).

not for intensive or critical apps use.

Last edited:
Apple admitted to that so this new one they improve the earpiece just like they now use plastic for the back cover too as the sexy metal one in original version screwed up the signal strength thus the first iPhone gave lousy reception. You wonder what they had to change to make this new one better and what else might still need fixing..... and no MMS by version 2 knowing how popular it is getting? Really drop the ball on that one.

I actually did consider that combination you mentioned. I actually need wifi so looking for a smart phone that has that...so I was thinking to get the iTouch and then just get a cheaper phone since the iTouch will have wifi for my light weight surfing.

nope.. its not only the voice thingy, but the mp3 sound soo bad too !

I won't be getting the iPhone, cos I have spent a big chunk on a new Cam.
And am saving up for a netbook + more lenses. :bsmilie:
Well at least not yet, til I have a need for all those features.

btw, can the battery on the new iPhone be swapped?

I won't be getting the iPhone, cos I have spent a big chunk on a new Cam.
And am saving up for a netbook + more lenses. :bsmilie:
Well at least not yet, til I have a need for all those features.

btw, can the battery on the new iPhone be swapped?

IIRC, the battery cannot be swapped but should be able to use external battery charger to charge it.

After using the iPhone for a couple of days, I can compare with the 2 windows mobile I have. I can safely say that iPhone is much more "fun" to use. The sound quality is pretty good, reception is way below standard tho, iPhone shows 1 bar while my touch duo have nearly full strength reception. The safri is much better to use and I love the zooming function which is not available in any other browsers I've used before. Lastly, the AI for keypad is godsend! It's a must try to believe thingy.

major con of the iphone is really only battery life. if it's gonna be always-on, always-use device then it should be always-plugged in (to power points).

not for intensive or critical apps use.

Update... today is my first real use of the iPhone from 10am to 12am (14hrs). Usage is Web Surfing (1.5hr), play games (1hr), listen to music (1hr), GPS (10min), phone call (2min) in cumulative timing, the rest is standby... batt left 20% at 12am.

Web surfing is much smoother and fun compared to my Dopod U1000. However Safari crashed and resetted a few times.

Gaming wise, juz trying out some free games available in iTunes, simple fun. A couple of games crashed too.

Listening to music... well, quality is subjective... I'm satisfied, again, comparison to U1000 it's slightly better provided you set the EQ properly. What's lacking is bass-booster tho, could use more doses of bass.

GPS, this time I have direct comparison with google maps on my U1000, it function as advertised. The down side is that the U1000 comes with mapking, iPhone comes with non (Google map if free for PDA download anyway)

Phone, so far so good. But I experienced a dropped call the morning I got the iPhone, but that was before I upgraded the firmware. The earpiece is definitely much clearer and louder compared to HTC Touch duo.

On the whole, it a better experience to use iPhone. But.... and that's a BIG BUT... I always have to keep a lookout for usage vs batt life.

There are a few querks that I feel the iPhone should have.

1. An office suite (open office perhaps)
2. The home button (when double clicked should have an option to go to "recent programs".
3. Refresh button on Safari (it disappeared after the page is loaded)
4. "Open in new (tab) option"
5. Home "shortcuts" for settings like on/off wi-fi...etc.
6. Option to disable graphic download (1GB/month isn't a lot when you like to surf CS with graphic turned on) :sweat:
7. A hard reset button :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.