Who are going overseas during Lunar New Year?

Who are going overseas during Lunar New Year?

Results are only viewable after voting.

kwttan

Jan 8, 2010
Concrete jungle
CNY is round the corner, any of you have the practice to go overseas during CNY period? Chinese we called it 避年(skip/escape CNY) perhaps for a reason? Can share the reason if there is any? ;)

Last edited:
not going overseas, but working. I guess that can be considered as bi4 nian4. Not that i want to ...

Ryan

Maybe some married couples wanna skip CNY so they can skimp on the angpows?

not going............................... enjoy the first day bah...... then working again.

I'm kind of old fashion... don't think going overseas (for Holidays) during the 1st 15th days of CNY as being 'correct'. But to each, his/her own :thumbsup::bsmilie:

Btw.... beside the eve and 2nd day.... will be working all the rest of CNY.

Last edited:
I'm kind of old fashion... don't think going overseas (for Holidays) during the 1st 15th days of CNY as being 'correct'. But to each, his/her own :thumbsup::bsmilie:

old man haha........... ur ang bao must be big can visit u??:bsmilie:

i only have 3 kids.....

not going overseas, but working. I guess that can be considered as bi4 nian4. Not that i want to ...

Ryan

Same here. Seems like after the novelty of holidays have died down, work is still the one and only thing most people can think of at all times.

kwttan said:
CNY is round the corner, any of you have the practice to go overseas during CNY period? Chinese we called it 必年(skip/escape CNY) perhaps for a reason? Can share the reason if there is any? ;)

It's 避年。Avoid new year, not for certain new year.

For me, so far never travel during CNY. First, it is not cheap and second, still need to give angpows even when come back, thus not much economical saving. :bsmilie:

Stay and spend the money here!

i am going over-the-sea without a passport... Sentosa Flower event :heart:
Surrounded by lovely flowers :lovegrin: and yes, many FTs too :sweat:

aiyah, don't think so much.

want to go overseas, just go.

stay won't save much because MBS and RWS waiting for you.....to lose $$$ there during the CNY holidays

they tell staff try not to take MC if possible just to serve you

see, you are so special to them

Last edited: