White Water rafting

Status
Not open for further replies.

lufc2001

Aug 29, 2007
I am going for white water rafting and going to bring along my k10d. I am putting the camera, and lens into the lowepro bag and into a dry bag ( which is to keep ) the water out. How is the k10d tolerance to the wet and rain? any comments ? i hate to come back from the trip to find out the my k10d 1 month old is damaged due to the wet. If it does malfunction due to the wet, can this be repaired? :embrass:

Interesting. Why do you want to carry your K10D to the white water rafting? It is gonna be very rough and wet. The last time I went for white water rafting, I just leave my camera behind and enjoy the course.

Anyway, make sure your camera bag is well cushioned also, as the camera might take some knocks/bumps during the course. You can further protect also by putting the camera in a ziplock first before putting into the camera bag. As long as the camera is not soaked in water it should be fine. Drizzle is ok, but you won’t want to keep it out in heavy rain for long period of times.

You might also wanna check if you are allowed to bring bags on board the raft and how it is gonna be tied down to the raft. I remembered no bags or loose items on raft when I was doing the white water rafting.

sometime, I thought of getting a waterproof digicam for this water sport/activities. The last time when I did my white water rafting, I only bring along my small ixus-s in a ziplock bag. I think you can capture more pictures if you have a waterproof camera tied to your neck.

It will be inconvienced to bring the k10d along for a rafting trip. The camera will always have to be put into the container. And you got to quickly pack and keep it into the container when you are hitting a rapid in the river. Not really a good idea.

well, choice is your... K10d should be robust to take light water drop and bump.

cheerss..

HI thanks for all the tips...i put the camera in a zip lock, put it in my lowepro bag, the guides gave me a dry bag..and i went...boy, it was sure rough and tumble, water everywhere in and out of the raft...but yet the camera was still safe and dry......there was a stop in the middle of the journey and that is where i stop to take the pictures..i slip and fell with the dry bag and hit the rock floor hard but the camera was still good...the lowepro bag is good...i recommend it...now i wish that there was also good padding for me as I am still hurting from the fall!!!

I would say, BRING and SHOOT.

But I have the luxury of a u/w housing , so water doesn't worry me.

IMG_1024-1.jpg

IMG_1027-1.jpg

IMG_1033-1.jpg

IMG_1035-1.jpg

Great shots..where was the venue? My god, a 3 tier drop!! but that is man made right? Was that the major rapid ? ours was all natural!! i will post them later..

Great shots..where was the venue? My god, a 3 tier drop!! but that is man made right? Was that the major rapid ? ours was all natural!! i will post them later..
\]

Thank you.

These were taken last month while in Bali.

This was the other river that I had not been to.

There are a few dams along the way, other wise it is a Grade 2 (60%) to 3 (20%) ride most of the way.....

Cost me US$27 per head.

My trip was organised thru mudtrekker.com. THe rapids is a grade 4. Dont know how much it actually cost as it was organised by my company club. But i am sure u will agree, it is a experience that no one should turn down..right,,,..say how do u post photos in this forum as the posting rules says i cannot post any attachments here!!

10Q. I have since sold that setup of A620+ u/w housing.

Bought the new Digic III-powered Powershot SX100 IS....10X zoom. The IS is GOD send, especially at that low low price is really too hard to pass....

show you the picture of my current Beijing trip later.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.