white lens?

Status
Not open for further replies.
come, my child.... :devil: :devil: :devil:

har har...so funnie...neber answer his questions...har har...

White Lens is commonly refering to the professional L-Lens Canon manufactures...as the lens tend to be white in color...I believe Minolta and Nikon have their own set of Pro "white-lens" too...

white lenses:

Canon's L lenses - lenses with flourite glass elements in them. lens body is white cuz flourite glass is vulnerable to heat changes so a white lens body paint coating will mean a cooler lens body.

Nikon's pro lenses (optional color) - not fully white but a lil greyish so as to absorb less heat for user comfort.

Clown said:
white lenses:

Canon's L lenses - lenses with flourite glass elements in them. lens body is white cuz flourite glass is vulnerable to heat changes so a white lens body paint coating will mean a cooler lens body.

Nikon's pro lenses (optional color) - not fully white but a lil greyish so as to absorb less heat for user comfort.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: ...great explaination...at least a whole lor better than mine... :bsmilie:

ok lah.

on a serious note, canon's white telephoto lenses are painted white on the external barrel. whether for technical reasons (flourite having heat issues?) or for marketign reasons (white is more attention grabbing then black?), we never will really know. all we know is that they are very high quality lenses, and are designated with the red ring in front of the barrel the "L" for "luxury" insignia) (except for the DO lens => green ring)

the thing is that white lenses is a phrase that 99% of the time refers to canon's telephoto lenses for 35mm SLRs

haha!! sorry!! it's actually elite hacker.. haha.. was a trend speaking like a hacker a few years ago.. heh..

Status
Not open for further replies.