white insects on my lens!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shuy

Sep 7, 2002
Alpha Centuari
Visit site
one day when i was wiping my lens i found a few tiny white insects around my lens!!!!!!!!!! i killed a few n the rest ran away deep in the grooves of the lens structure, into the dark. what r those things, n r they harmful?

Think they are also in my books. Aren't they about half a millimeter? they won't do no harm, lah! Don't worry.........they may be getting killed in between the moving parts of your lens.

Hong Sien

It sounds like a zoo is about to happen. :bsmilie:

Has never happened to me before, but maybe you can try leaving double sided tape on the lens barrel and trap a few? That's better than squishing them by zooming your lens in and out. Imagine all the insect 'chap'! LOL

hope they dont do any harm to my lens.... they seem to be getting bigger in numbers siah....

what if they're feeding on my lens coating or something?

Keep the lens and some silla gel in a plastic bag. Suck out all the air and leave it air tight for a few days. This should kill them all. :devil:

Originally posted by shuy
hope they dont do any harm to my lens.... they seem to be getting bigger in numbers siah....

what if they're feeding on my lens coating or something?

See..?? Like I told you, a zoo is being built. Forget whatever you hear. Bring your lens to the agent and have them open it up and kill it for you. Putting silica gel will not do you any good as some insects and bacteria are known to survive in very low humidity and low oxygen levels.

Don't think they will not harm your lens. If they get their claws onto your electronic parts, it is no difference to a rat biting a wire. That is what happened to my Minolta S700 five years ago.

Andy Ho
http://andyho.clubsnap.org/gallery/

Originally posted by shuy
woah.... can i send it to epson cos it's still under warranty?

Don't be mislead into thinking that as long as an item is still under warranty you can send it in for any form of servicing at no charge. Mites and bug attacks are not controllable by the manufacturer and is in no way covered under the warranty unless of course they don't mind do it for you as a service.

Andy Ho
http://andyho.clubsnap.org/gallery/

i was thinking along those lines too... hopefully they're nice folk.

macro shot? mebe if i stack 10 +10 closeup filters got a chance to actually see something hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.