White elephants

Status
Not open for further replies.
too bad the answer is still "soon".......
might as well not give any:dunno:

anyway, it was an innovative and refreshing way to bring the message across.

denniskee said:
too bad the answer is still "soon".......
might as well not give any:dunno:

Some enterprising opposition party might sieze on the idea to put up cardboard protesters at strategic locations around the island...... illegal gathering of cardboard protestors? :bsmilie:

i thought it was MP(charles chong) vs MoT/LTA? disgruntled residents there may do the unimaginable at the next .... .

Astin said:
In a case of MP vs MRT, who will win :think:

An interesting way of bringing the message across. Straight to the point. :)

The fustration is building.... Anyone watched Krakatoa yesterday? ;) The entire thing feels like Krakatoa. A plugged volcano, waiting to blow itself out of existence.

reachme2003 said:
i thought it was MP(charles chong) vs MoT/LTA? disgruntled residents there may do the unimaginable at the next .... .
I thought it was the MRT which decided to close the station, not the LTA which decided to close the station?
Btw, this is still a good photo shoot opportunity of shooting a MRT station without bothering the staff, security personnel, etc.

somehow i have a feeling that this whole exercise is a gahmen "wayang".

reachme2003 said:
U mean like rioting and burning down the station?! :bigeyes:

Gosh...

Before Vivian came for a visit yesterday, the Public Works did overnight dredging on the canal. Whole night cannot sleep :angry:

r32 said:
Some enterprising opposition party might sieze on the idea to put up cardboard protesters at strategic locations around the island...... illegal gathering of cardboard protestors? :bsmilie:
Then you'll get a army of cardboard riot police surrounding the elephants! :bsmilie:

Great idea.:thumbsup:

Any one can explain PUBLIC TRANSPORT IN SINGAPORE mean. (i spit on the floor many time)

Other country mean a transport system for the public nothing on PROFIT OR LOSSES.

First the first time, i am glad to see that Singaporeans are not passive and always "supportive" of whatever policy/decisions from the gahmen. Three cheers for the "White Elephants" man/woman !!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

soma said:

Any one can explain PUBLIC TRANSPORT IN SINGAPORE mean.

Other country mean a transport system for the public nothing on PROFIT OR LOSSES.:sticktong :sticktong :sticktong :sticktong (i spit on the floor many many time)

Why call it public transport? It is more appropriate to call it private transport since profit is the first priority, above people's needs.

We are already disappointed with the usual replies from the higher authorities, delaying the operation of the station is seen as being efficient for the company without any regard to the difficulties faced by the people who lives there. Now, this is inefficiency in daily transport for the people.

Astin said:
I thought it was the MRT which decided to close the station, not the LTA which decided to close the station?
Btw, this is still a good photo shoot opportunity of shooting a MRT station without bothering the staff, security personnel, etc.

What staff? The station is closed!

johnlim said:
Why call it public transport? It is more appropriate to call it private transport since profit is the first priority, above people's needs.

We are already disappointed with the usual replies from the higher authorities, delaying the operation of the station is seen as being efficient for the company without any regard to the difficulties faced by the people who live there. Now, this is inefficiency in daily transport for the people.

Totally agree with you. They cannot call themselves a public-serving company if their only over-riding purpose is to generate profit at the expense of the public.

soma said:

Any one can explain PUBLIC TRANSPORT IN SINGAPORE mean. (i spit on the floor many time)

Other country mean a transport system for the public nothing on PROFIT OR LOSSES.

I guess you don't pay taxes then? If the company is loss making then EVERYONE pays, not just the commuters.

Status
Not open for further replies.